Body shop concerns

ahostmadsen

I am interested in leasing a Lucid air. Here is the concern: I live in Honolulu where Lucids are so rare that I have seen only one (I think)! Lucid says they deliver to Hawaii, and also have service in Hawaii. My specific concern is about body shop repair. Lucid said they partner with various body shops. That seems vague to me. I know, owning a Tesla, that for long time there was only one body shop in Honolulu doing Tesla repair; they invested heavily in specialized equipment. Most bodyshops will not touch an EV. So, without a specific body shop for Lucid, I worry that repair basically will be impossible. Should I risk leasing a Lucid air?

There is only one Lucid approved body shop in Houston. State Farm didn't like that and took months to get them to pay.

There is only one Lucid approved body shop in Houston. State Farm didn't like that and took months to get them to pay.

I had the same issue with State Farm last year and was on the verge of threatening legal action against them until the car was determined to be totaled and the repair issues became moot. They simply refuse to accept that it costs more to repair a car such as a Lucid than to repair a Chevy pickup truck at any chain body shop.

Back