Bicycle pump worked fine

droodman

New Member

Joined
Jan 19, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
8
Cars
Air Pure
This worked. I had to take off what I guess are called the wheel covers in order to mount the head of the pump on the tire valve. And it seems that the pressure gauge on my pump reads about 2psi lower than the car's gauge, so I had to release a bit of air this time. It takes longer than an air pump at a gas station, but it's more exercise and less stress.

PXL_20251005_153921627.webp
 
Sometimes, even with a “professional” tire, filler, the aero wheel covers get in the way. The Lucid technician said just to lift up on one, but I was always afraid of breaking them.

Finally, I’ve resorted to just using some valve extenders. I keep one in the car, just in case, screw it on, and then I can access the valve stem directly. I tried plastic ones previously, but then they started to fail. These metal ones are great and I actually use them on some other cars. You just need to put them on before filling the tire. You can keep them on permanently, but they kinda look dorky sticking out and they might catch on something.

Valve Stem Extension 4Pcs 39mm,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D4V8RZJV
 
I use my road bike pump periodically when I don't feel like getting the electric version out of the trunk. Works perfectly, and as you note, a little arm exercise doesn't hurt!
 
h the valve extenders are a great idea.
 
Back
Top