Battery drain when unplugged for long periods

Attachments

• 169A17B0-4704-494E-9BD1-C00C56B602F5.jpeg
    169A17B0-4704-494E-9BD1-C00C56B602F5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
I can chime in with another data point for battery drain when parked for long periods. I’ve been on a road trip for the last two weeks (not in my GT) and the car is parked in my garage. I resisted the urge to fire up the app on my phone over the last two weeks so as not to unnecessarily wake up the car. I’m still a few hours from home but just opened the app. In 13 days, the range went down from 443 miles to 421 miles.

EDIT: The app was able to wake up the car and update the data in about 5-10 seconds. The LTE connection on my phone where I’m staying right now is really bad (like dial-up bad).

I can chime in with another data point for battery drain when parked for long periods. I’ve been on a road trip for the last two weeks (not in my GT) and the car is parked in my garage. I resisted the urge to fire up the app on my phone over the last two weeks so as not to unnecessarily wake up the car. I’m still a few hours from home but just opened the app. In 13 days, the range went down from 443 miles to 421 miles.
Thanks for sharing. Not bad at all.

EDIT: The app was able to wake up the car and update the data in about 5-10 seconds. The LTE connection on my phone where I’m staying right now is really bad (like dial-up bad).
That's reasonable, and about what I'd expect from my Tesla. So that's good. I really does seem like the key is not constantly waking the car to check in on it. Which is hard to resist.

Does lucid have a “deep sleep” mode or something similar?

My I pace will go into a “deep sleep” after no activity for 4 days. You then can’t wake the car up with the app. Only in person. It’s nice to conserve battery when staying at the airport. It’s annoying that you can’t wake it up from the phone. But at least you can set a wake up time before it goes into deep sleep. So you can set it to wake back up in a week when you want it to.

Unfortunately, no. You would need someone from a colder region to chime in. I am in SoCal and my car is garaged so it gets pampered and gets to maintain optimal Temps. Maybe @copper can make a guess? I think he is keeping his car outside? But he is in NorCal so not exactly "cold" by NY standards
Thanks. I’ll be interested to hear.
Last night I had an 8 mile drain unplugged. Parked outside, low temp was 46F at 5:34am. Checked at 7am.

So most of you wouldn't leave the car plugged in, in a garage, if you go away for two weeks and do not use this car? You rather leave it unplugged?

So most of you wouldn't leave the car plugged in, in a garage, if you go away for two weeks and do not use this car? You rather leave it unplugged?
I always leave the car plugged in. Have gone 6 weeks being 1300 miles away. It will charge when I wake it up or maybe once a day for 5 minutes.

Lucid says you should leave it plugged in, and I do for the most part. I've recently had some scheduled charging issues with my Grizzl-e where once the charging time starts (midnight) it doesn't initiate. I thought it was the car, but it turns out it isn't and it may be an issue with the Grizzl-e not having a connection at that time so it doesn't initiate charging as scheduled.

Lucid says you should leave it plugged in, and I do for the most part. I've recently had some scheduled charging issues with my Grizzl-e where once the charging time starts (midnight) it doesn't initiate. I thought it was the car, but it turns out it isn't and it may be an issue with the Grizzl-e not having a connection at that time so it doesn't initiate charging as scheduled.
I have a “dumb” grizzl-e duo charger. I know that they just came out with a smart one. I wouldn’t be surprised if their software is buggy at the beginning.

Like Lucid, lol.

I thought timed charging wasn’t working yet on Lucid. Thought I saw that in other thread. Is the time charging working without a smart charger?

I have a “dumb” grizzl-e duo charger. I know that they just came out with a smart one. I wouldn’t be surprised if their software is buggy at the beginning.

Like Lucid, lol.

I thought timed charging wasn’t working yet on Lucid. Thought I saw that in other thread. Is the time charging working without a smart charger?
Timed charger on the wall charger not the car

@hydbob is highly knowledgeable. But I just got my car back from service in Seattle and talked about charging. The quote was ‘a happy car is a plugged in car’. They said any issues with phantom discharge are due to NOT plugging it in each night. I have not been doing that as with this big a battery and my driving, dont really need to charge but every 7-10 days.
By the way, I live almost 500 miles from Seattle. They were great. There were multiple non-critical issues plus the recall so they paid for an enclosed trailer both ways and worked on it immediately. I cant say enough about support - at least before they deliver 10s of thousands of cars.

@hydbob is highly knowledgeable. But I just got my car back from service in Seattle and talked about charging. The quote was ‘a happy car is a plugged in car’. They said any issues with phantom discharge are due to NOT plugging it in each night. I have not been doing that as with this big a battery and my driving, dont really need to charge but every 7-10 days.
By the way, I live almost 500 miles from Seattle. They were great. There were multiple non-critical issues plus the recall so they paid for an enclosed trailer both ways and worked on it immediately. I cant say enough about support - at least before they deliver 10s of thousands of cars.
I think they should amend their quote to "a happy car is a plugged in car....as long as there are no bugs preventing the car from charging itself when it goes to sleep and drains its own battery instead because it's running fans" 🤣🤣

But is that because the plugged in car is a vampire drawing current all night from the grid? It doesn’t matter to me if the car is pulling power overnight from the battery (not plugged) or from the grid (plugged). It is still consuming. My iCE does not use gas all night. For that matter, neither does my Nissan Leaf use electricity. The cars should not consume poser when parked overnight.

Back