Back up camera startup lag?

pyle112

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid touring
Referral Code
M7633PFL
Anyone else recently notice that with the newest update 2.3.0 a slight lag was introduced on startup with the back up camera? I'm not sure if it's related to carlinkit startup. It goes away a few moments after starting but need to be extra careful to use mirrors backing up out of my garage now. Soft reset twice, I'll update this post if it goes away in the near term or if it is related to carlinkit....

Anyone else recently notice that with the newest update 2.3.0 a slight lag was introduced on startup with the back up camera? I'm not sure if it's related to carlinkit startup. It goes away a few moments after starting but need to be extra careful to use mirrors backing up out of my garage now. Soft reset twice, I'll update this post if it goes away in the near term or if it is related to carlinkit....
I've noticed that there is more lag with all the camera systems after the update. This also includes the turn signal cameras.

I've not noticed increased delay, but NHTSA regulations require rear cameras to display video in less than two seconds after the driver places the vehicle into reverse gear. If it's reliably longer than that I expect a fast fix.

I am seeing this more frequently now. Before recent update it happened to me 2 or 3 times but now its 50% of the times i see it.

I've not noticed increased delay, but NHTSA regulations require rear cameras to display video in less than two seconds after the driver places the vehicle into reverse gear. If it's reliably longer than that I expect a fast fix.
Video is displayed it just is choppy and laggy on startup, as if there is some other processes taking priority.

Something new began in our car yesterday. We have been using the Nav system while on a road trip. Every time we stop at a red light or pause for any other reason, the front and rear camera displays pop up on the Glass Cockpit (upper screen), and the 360 display pops up on the Pilot Panel (lower screen), displacing the satellite maps that I am often trying to consult to get my bearings. I have had to “X” them out every time the car stops moving.

What is going on with this? (I did the 2.3.0 update over a week ago.)

That should only happen if it detects something in front of the car. Like if you pull too close to a car in front of you. Should not happen every time you stop.

Something new began in our car yesterday. We have been using the Nav system while on a road trip. Every time we stop at a red light or pause for any other reason, the front and rear camera displays pop up on the Glass Cockpit (upper screen), and the 360 display pops up on the Pilot Panel (lower screen), displacing the satellite maps that I am often trying to consult to get my bearings. I have had to “X” them out every time the car stops moving.

What is going on with this? (I did the 2.3.0 update over a week ago.)
Weird - 2.3.0 was specifically *fixing* the following bug: if you got too close to a car or thing, or it got too close to you, it would pop up the cameras. You would close them out, and it would pop them right back up again. If you were sitting behind a car but 35 in behind it instead of 40 in (or whatever the limit is), you just had to accept the cameras being annoying until the car in front of you moved. Worse is when someone pulled up a little too close to you and you couldn't do anything about the cameras popping back up again. It now shouldn't pop back up, once you close it, until after you've hit 50mph. This is from the release notes:

1722878830553.webp

That said, I have not had the cameras come up at every stop. That would drive me insane, lol.

Weird - 2.3.0 was specifically *fixing* the following bug: if you got too close to a car or thing, or it got too close to you, it would pop up the cameras. You would close them out, and it would pop them right back up again. If you were sitting behind a car but 35 in behind it instead of 40 in (or whatever the limit is), you just had to accept the cameras being annoying until the car in front of you moved. Worse is when someone pulled up a little too close to you and you couldn't do anything about the cameras popping back up again. It now shouldn't pop back up, once you close it, until after you've hit 50mph. This is from the release notes:

View attachment 22446

That said, I have not had the cameras come up at every stop. That would drive me insane, lol.

None of these situations appertained when this happened. I have never had the cameras do this in two and a half years until it started on Saturday and continued into Sunday. Interestingly, we’ve been driving around an urban area all morning, and it did not happen once.

None of these situations appertained when this happened. I have never had the cameras do this in two and a half years until it started on Saturday and continued into Sunday. Interestingly, we’ve been driving around an urban area all morning, and it did not happen once.
I believe you! It had happened to me (and probably everybody here) before; it's possible people In CA just follow closer than people in FL, though I find that hard to believe. :P

Back