automatic breaking

RJV

Cars
Lucid Air
When I back out of my garage, the car keeps slamming on the break. It is a small but normal sized garage, so there is room to back out, just not a lot of room. Often the car will stop automatically and very abruptly, 3 or even 4 times while I try to back out. I have to step on the break each time before it will let me try to back up again. Anybody know why it does this, or how to get it to stop applying the breaks when I do not want it to?

Other members have had the same frustration. Sounds like the only workaround for now is to back out very slowly, around 2mph.

When I back out of my garage, the car keeps slamming on the break. It is a small but normal sized garage, so there is room to back out, just not a lot of room. Often the car will stop automatically and very abruptly, 3 or even 4 times while I try to back out. I have to step on the break each time before it will let me try to back up again. Anybody know why it does this, or how to get it to stop applying the breaks when I do not want it to?
Other members have had the same frustration. Sounds like the only workaround for now is to back out very slowly, around 2mph.
I back into my garage, and more often than not, if I'm going faster than 2mph I'll get the same braking response. I've just gotten used to backing in slow. Actually with my somewhat poor reversing skills, that's a good thing for me to do anyway.

It would be nice if Lucid would add a button to allow the driver temporarily turn off reverse auto-braking until the car is put in drive. Our other EV has this.

I have the same issue when backing into the garage. Freaks out with ample space around the car. Trick is to go in slowly but even then it still freaks out once in a while. Scares the crap out of passengers the first time they experience it!

Yes, annoying but it could be worse: accelerates right into something obviously brake worthy. Like a wall. Or a stroller.

Related note: does anyone use “creep” mode? And I don’t mean when observing people. 🤣

Yes, annoying but it could be worse: accelerates right into something obviously brake worthy. Like a wall. Or a stroller.

Related note: does anyone use “creep” mode? And I don’t mean when observing people. 🤣
I tried it, really don't like it. It almost makes it feel like driving an ICE car.

Amazing that so many cars warn you about the garage wall in front of you, when you are in reverse.

Back