Authentication Error charging with EA

PCorkett

Cars
Dream Edition
DE Number
Hi All,

Last weekend I experienced a glitch charging at the Electrify America charger. The same glitch happened at different chargers and even at different stations. When I plugged the car in (DE-R) it began the normal initiation process, but then displayed on the both the pilot panel and the dash itself "Authentication Error" in red. Then the changing initiation stopped. We first called EA for help. The agent rebooted the charging station. It made not difference. We then called LUCID support. What worked was "rebooting" the car. The steps:
1. Disconnect the charging cable.
2. Lock the doors.
3. Walk far enough away for the car to into "sleep" mode. (check status on the LUCID App).
4. Wait 15 secs.
5. unlock the car again.
6. Get in, and tap the brake and watch the car complete its start up cycle.
7. Then plug the charger back in.

It did the trick. The EA charger initiated the charging cycle, and car proceeded to charge as normal.

Hope it helps if you come across the same problem. We had charged car many times prior this happening, so I don't know what triggered the issue. But since the EA rebooted the charger (on two different chargers no less); I don't think it was an issue at their end.

cheers
Peter

Hi All,

Last weekend I experienced a glitch charging at the Electrify America charger. The same glitch happened at different chargers and even at different stations. When I plugged the car in (DE-R) it began the normal initiation process, but then displayed on the both the pilot panel and the dash itself "Authentication Error" in red. Then the changing initiation stopped. We first called EA for help. The agent rebooted the charging station. It made not difference. We then called LUCID support. What worked was "rebooting" the car. The steps:
1. Disconnect the charging cable.
2. Lock the doors.
3. Walk far enough away for the car to into "sleep" mode. (check status on the LUCID App).
4. Wait 15 secs.
5. unlock the car again.
6. Get in, and tap the brake and watch the car complete its start up cycle.
7. Then plug the charger back in.

It did the trick. The EA charger initiated the charging cycle, and car proceeded to charge as normal.

Hope it helps if you come across the same problem. We had charged car many times prior this happening, so I don't know what triggered the issue. But since the EA rebooted the charger (on two different chargers no less); I don't think it was an issue at their end.

cheers
Peter
Thanks, Peter. Very helpful. The "reboot" just looks like a normal park the car and then get back in a little later. Or is there something magical about the 15 seconds?

It seemed to me to just be the normal park cycle as well. The trick it appeared to be the fact the car went into and woke from sleep mode. If I were to guess, the 15 seconds just ensured any caches of data cleared so when it woke it executed as complete reload cycle.

It was odd though. We tried to different chargers at the same station, and then different charger at another station. Hadn't seen the glitch before; and I'll post again if it comes back.

I wish I have read this earlier. I spent almost 1 hr on phone with EA support to figure this out...

…funny at one point we had both EA support and LUCID support on a merged call at the same time. Once we resolved it (finally) we mentioned to LUCID they should give the heads up to EA Support to recommend the workaround of putting the car to sleep for 15 seconds.

How did you resolve it in the end?

Back