Audio options for the best quality.

Rackdoctor

Cars
2000 ACURA INTEGRA
Hi, I have a Air Pure on order and I submitted some questions about the stereo system to Lucid. Being and audiophile and musician and working with sound for a living, I have always wanted to shape my audio experience by choice of speakers, head unit, source, cables, tweaks, etc. on all my cars I have owned. My ultimate goal was to modify my Lucid for analog, new powemps and speakers. It would seem that might not be possible given the current configuration of the sound system in the Air. I submitted the following suggestions and questions to Lucid and was wondering if anyone shared my feelings about the current options? Below is the e-mail.

To whom it may concern.

A percentage of Lucid's future clients are producers, engineers, musicians, and audiophiles.

Therefore, sound quality and options concerning the audio playback in the Air and Air Pure is more important than your regular consumer.

I think a car of Lucid's quality would benefit from more options to meet the customer's audio needs than just Bluetooth.

Unfortunately Bluetooth is not the highest quality of play back because:

Due to Bluetooth’s limited bandwidth, it’s impossible to send audio without some lossy data compression techniques. Some audiophiles believe that lossy compression degrades audio quality inherently, and Bluetooth audio is therefore unacceptable to these listeners. Bluetooth compresses and distorts audio data as well.

If possible, can there be option of:

1. Streaming higher quality audio thru the USB port with a cable from you Ipod, phone, thumb drive or media storage device to ensure the highest quality of source playback of the owners choosing.
  2. An analog audio 1/8 stereo input jack for portable music storage players and devices.
  3. Ability to upload and store music (FLAC, MP3, WAV) on the car's computer.
Here are some additional questions as well:
  1. Can the car speakers be upgraded to aftermarket without voiding the car's warranty.
  2. Is the car's power amp separate from the main computer?
  3. What are the speaker sizes in the Air Pure.
  4. What are the EQ frequencies of the Treble, Mid and Bass of the Lucid's sound system EQ.
Thanks.

You should read the thread i started a while back. I was able to listen to the Surreal sound in a GT model and it sounded ok..My Morel Carbon Pros set in my current car sounded way better….Here is the link

Back