Arctic Blast

Dlmob15

New Member

Joined
Jan 24, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
New 2026 Air Touring with the Comfort Package, and honestly I’m not impressed so far with the sealing and trim quality—especially given the ~$95k price point and the fact this car has been in production for several years.

Issues I’ve already noticed in real winter conditions:
  1. Driver’s side cold air intrusion – At highway speeds, cold air pours in from the upper left corner of the driver’s window. Very noticeable.
  2. Rear right door air leak – The rear passenger-side door trim also lets cold air into the cabin at highway speed.
  3. Rear left door trim damage – The lower plastic trim on the rear left door had shifted without me realizing it. When I opened the door, there was a cracking/snap sound—the trim slid forward and cracked.
  4. Rear right sunshade – Wouldn’t go down on a cold morning (~10°F).
I came out of a 2022 Tesla and expected better fit and finish here. To be fair, Lucid has been responsive so far, which I appreciate—but door sealing and trim alignment feel like low-hanging fruit for a premium luxury EV.

At this point, the only thing I’m truly happy about is that I leased it instead of buying.

Curious if others have experienced similar cold-weather sealing or trim issues—and whether service was able to resolve them permanently.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4467.webp
    IMG_4467.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_4468.webp
    IMG_4468.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 280
Service can resolve all these permanently. I did notice in my Air Touring that the rear window shades would get slightly misaligned in the very cold and just move up and down extremely slowly, never bothered getting those adjusted. I never had actual air leaks, but they adjusted trim to remove wind noise. I also did myself add some rubber trim protection treatment to around all the windows (it's intended for long term ownership to keep rubber from getting stiff and cracking as it ages, which is the same behavior as getting frozen stiff in 10 degree).
 
Our 2023 Pure AWD had serious air leak around upper front of driver door even though we had added additional seals around the doors as recommended by the Lucid advocate's youtube.
 
New 2026 Air Touring with the Comfort Package, and honestly I’m not impressed so far with the sealing and trim quality—especially given the ~$95k price point and the fact this car has been in production for several years.

Issues I’ve already noticed in real winter conditions:
  1. Driver’s side cold air intrusion – At highway speeds, cold air pours in from the upper left corner of the driver’s window. Very noticeable.
  2. Rear right door air leak – The rear passenger-side door trim also lets cold air into the cabin at highway speed.
  3. Rear left door trim damage – The lower plastic trim on the rear left door had shifted without me realizing it. When I opened the door, there was a cracking/snap sound—the trim slid forward and cracked.
  4. Rear right sunshade – Wouldn’t go down on a cold morning (~10°F).
I came out of a 2022 Tesla and expected better fit and finish here. To be fair, Lucid has been responsive so far, which I appreciate—but door sealing and trim alignment feel like low-hanging fruit for a premium luxury EV.

At this point, the only thing I’m truly happy about is that I leased it instead of buying.

Curious if others have experienced similar cold-weather sealing or trim issues—and whether service was able to resolve them permanently.
I have no.1 and Lucid attempted to fix it. Admittedly they attempted to fix when the weather was warmer (April), but now that the temperature has dropped I'm feeling it again. I will need to take it in again.
 
Keep an eye out going forward because you'll continue to find things you never even thought to look for.

First winter with mine I went to put air in the tires and noticed one of the tire stems was inaccessible because they installed the aero cap incorrectly. Turns out they geniusly designed a cap that can be installed in any 360 degree orientation but where only one of those slats are long enough to expose the tire stem...
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260127-130718~2.webp
    Screenshot_20260127-130718~2.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 272
only one of those slats are long enough to expose the tire stem...
You know you can pivot those black plastic segments out to access the valve stems… so you’re not limited to going through the little slot. The outer edges will swing several inches away from the tire, pivoting from the center.
 
You know you can pivot those black plastic segments out to access the valve stems… so you’re not limited to going through the little slot. The outer edges will swing several inches away from the tire, pivoting from the center.

I mean sure, you COULD take the snaps on/off every single time and bend back the plastic to reach the stem? But you could also just undo all the snaps on each segment, slide the cover off, and then rotate it so it's installed with the correct segment in the correct place and the stem is always accessible like it's supposed to be.
 
New 2026 Air Touring with the Comfort Package, and honestly I’m not impressed so far with the sealing and trim quality—especially given the ~$95k price point and the fact this car has been in production for several years.

Issues I’ve already noticed in real winter conditions:
  1. Driver’s side cold air intrusion – At highway speeds, cold air pours in from the upper left corner of the driver’s window. Very noticeable.
  2. Rear right door air leak – The rear passenger-side door trim also lets cold air into the cabin at highway speed.
  3. Rear left door trim damage – The lower plastic trim on the rear left door had shifted without me realizing it. When I opened the door, there was a cracking/snap sound—the trim slid forward and cracked.
  4. Rear right sunshade – Wouldn’t go down on a cold morning (~10°F).
I came out of a 2022 Tesla and expected better fit and finish here. To be fair, Lucid has been responsive so far, which I appreciate—but door sealing and trim alignment feel like low-hanging fruit for a premium luxury EV.

At this point, the only thing I’m truly happy about is that I leased it instead of buying.

Curious if others have experienced similar cold-weather sealing or trim issues—and whether service was able to resolve them permanently.
I routinely experience number 1. I feel it really acutely when being passed on my left side by another car on the highway. It literally feels like a breeze blowing into my face. I haven't attempted to see if it can be fixed - I suspect it is a design fault where the gasket just can't respond to the need at low temperature. Another fun cold weather learning I've had is that the heat fan speed needs to be increased the faster I travel to keep up with the loss of heat caused by leaking. I like my 25 Air Pure a lot, but these cars were not meant for the midwest!
 
I routinely experience number 1. I feel it really acutely when being passed on my left side by another car on the highway. It literally feels like a breeze blowing into my face. I haven't attempted to see if it can be fixed - I suspect it is a design fault where the gasket just can't respond to the need at low temperature. Another fun cold weather learning I've had is that the heat fan speed needs to be increased the faster I travel to keep up with the loss of heat caused by leaking. I like my 25 Air Pure a lot, but these cars were not meant for the midwest!
How cold does it need to before before you start feeling this?
 
New 2026 Air Touring with the Comfort Package, and honestly I’m not impressed so far with the sealing and trim quality—especially given the ~$95k price point and the fact this car has been in production for several years.

Issues I’ve already noticed in real winter conditions:
  1. Driver’s side cold air intrusion – At highway speeds, cold air pours in from the upper left corner of the driver’s window. Very noticeable.
  2. Rear right door air leak – The rear passenger-side door trim also lets cold air into the cabin at highway speed.
  3. Rear left door trim damage – The lower plastic trim on the rear left door had shifted without me realizing it. When I opened the door, there was a cracking/snap sound—the trim slid forward and cracked.
  4. Rear right sunshade – Wouldn’t go down on a cold morning (~10°F).
I came out of a 2022 Tesla and expected better fit and finish here. To be fair, Lucid has been responsive so far, which I appreciate—but door sealing and trim alignment feel like low-hanging fruit for a premium luxury EV.

At this point, the only thing I’m truly happy about is that I leased it instead of buying.

Curious if others have experienced similar cold-weather sealing or trim issues—and whether service was able to resolve them permanently.
I have the same driver air infiltration and even after road test with service, they said it is normal the way the car is design. So very bad design because I need to keep my jacket on long stretch. I feel the same cold air here in Quebec at 100kmh with my Lucid Touring like I used to have with my first Honda Civic in 1980 but I paid 6,500 $ CAD not 135,000 $.
 
2023 Air Touring

Cold air blowing at my face by the upper left driver door window. Can also hear the wind sound.

Exterior left side door lower trim peeled off.

Several wheel arch rubber seals came off.

Conclusion after 40k miles: This car is held together by double sided tape. No joke. Wish I could say the quality is better than a 2023 Tesla.
 
rotate it so it's installed with the correct segment in the correct place and the stem is always accessible like it's supposed to be.
True enough. But for my 68yr old fingers, it feels tricky to remove valve caps through the thin opening….I did it a few times, but it’d be easy for me to fumble the cap once it comes loose. Popping the segment is easy, and I do better with less constrained access. (I’m also old school enough to not really trust modern capless valve options, which would also be an option here)
 
I mean sure, you COULD take the snaps on/off every single time and bend back the plastic to reach the stem? But you could also just undo all the snaps on each segment, slide the cover off, and then rotate it so it's installed with the correct segment in the correct place and the stem is always accessible like it's supposed to be.
yep, the segment has a indicator of the valve stem to show where it fits on the wheel.
 
I routinely experience number 1. I feel it really acutely when being passed on my left side by another car on the highway. It literally feels like a breeze blowing into my face. I haven't attempted to see if it can be fixed - I suspect it is a design fault where the gasket just can't respond to the need at low temperature. Another fun cold weather learning I've had is that the heat fan speed needs to be increased the faster I travel to keep up with the loss of heat caused by leaking. I like my 25 Air Pure a lot, but these cars were not meant for the midwest!
Yes 100% on the fan speed. I’m cranking it on the highway. Seems like a moderate climate car.
 
I routinely experience number 1. I feel it really acutely when being passed on my left side by another car on the highway. It literally feels like a breeze blowing into my face. I haven't attempted to see if it can be fixed - I suspect it is a design fault where the gasket just can't respond to the need at low temperature. Another fun cold weather learning I've had is that the heat fan speed needs to be increased the faster I travel to keep up with the loss of heat caused by leaking. I like my 25 Air Pure a lot, but these cars were not meant for the midwest!
I crank the fan speed to 7 or 8. Auto is not good.
 
Yes 100% on the fan speed. I’m cranking it on the highway. Seems like a moderate climate car.
I think that is very fair to say. The terrible sounds I hear during charging in the cold are another reminder. It does still drive fine at least and I’m getting 3 mi/KWh even at 15 degrees outside. But it’s not a cold weather car for sure. I’m ready to be above 40 again
 
Yah my 2024 Air Touring has air leaks like a 79’ Dodge Gremlin. This after at least a 1/2 dozen various on-site and in shop service to resolve. I’ve been told that everything is in spec and is normal. At highway speeds you can feel air flow and you have to speak loudly to have a conversation. I’ve given up. #1 reason I won’t be buying another Lucid.
 
Back
Top