Appreciation post: no vampire drain

VLumina

Active Member

Joined
Oct 15, 2025
Messages
105
Reaction score
141
We were out of town for over a week recently, and my Tesla lost around 9% battery, but the Gravity stayed at the exact same percentage it was before we left. I didn't even know that was possible since my Model S was the only other EV I was familiar with. It is pretty awesome to not have to worry about the battery draining while you're gone.

I thought it would be in a very deep sleep to save battery and might not wake up when I walk up to it, but it unlocked when I approached as usual.
 
Early on the Air had a vampire drain issue and it was resolved a while ago. Rivian still has a VD problem that due to the architecture of the vehicle and cannot be reduced for Gen 1 vehicles. Pretty frustrating!!!
 
Did you have Sentry mode on your Tesla activated? I don’t lose hardly anything on mine over a week or two - maybe 1-2%.
 
Sentry mode sucked a TON of juice on our Teslas - especially if you left them at the airport - to the point where 1 week it drained 15-20%. Of course this is exactly the location where you want to use it, ironically. Classic dilemma of protecting your vehicle vs having enough range to make it home.
 
Back
Top