Apple Music with atmos support

Another crazy option. Bring back Alexa as an option. With Alexa in the car we used to have access to atmos via voice and it sounded great!. Not ideal but it allowed for an option outside tidal. At home all our Alexa devices do just fine navigating both Amazon Music and Apple Music and probably is fine with Spotify.

On this forum it has been stated that Amazon is no longer enhancing Alexa (opinion or fact i do not know) or that lucid made the switch to LA for that and/or additional reasons. based on what I see as a consumer Alexa is still alive!
Ew I don’t want Amazon in my car
 
Another crazy option. Bring back Alexa as an option. With Alexa in the car we used to have access to atmos via voice and it sounded great!. Not ideal but it allowed for an option outside tidal. At home all our Alexa devices do just fine navigating both Amazon Music and Apple Music and probably is fine with Spotify.

On this forum it has been stated that Amazon is no longer enhancing Alexa (opinion or fact i do not know) or that lucid made the switch to LA for that and/or additional reasons. based on what I see as a consumer Alexa is still alive!
I have Amazon Alexa extensively in my house. Works great and interfaces with Smartthings for controling all my lighting, switches, etc. and with Sonos to control whole house audio. As for enhancing, as far as with home use, they are definitely doing big enhancements and recently released Alexa+ with AI upgrades. Compared to Lucid Assistant, Alexa is at collegiate level and LA is still in middle school.
 
I have Amazon Alexa extensively in my house. Works great and interfaces with Smartthings for controling all my lighting, switches, etc. and with Sonos to control whole house audio. As for enhancing, as far as with home use, they are definitely doing big enhancements and recently released Alexa+ with AI upgrades. Compared to Lucid Assistant, Alexa is at collegiate level and LA is still in middle school.
You probably didn’t experience Alexa when it was in the Air before they took it out. It was anything but collegiate. It was toddler at best.

Not saying that about Alexa in general. Just saying, their automotive implementation was anything but good. And from what I hear, they basically abandoned it. Or at least whatever implementation Lucid was using. So Lucid had no real choice.
 
You probably didn’t experience Alexa when it was in the Air before they took it out. It was anything but collegiate. It was toddler at best.

Not saying that about Alexa in general. Just saying, their automotive implementation was anything but good. And from what I hear, they basically abandoned it. Or at least whatever implementation Lucid was using. So Lucid had no real choice.
Yes. You will noticed I mentioned “home use” a couple times in my post. I agree that just because it will work good in one use (home) does not guarantee that it will work good in another (car). I noticed that Alexa in cars was a thing about 5 years ago but have not heard any new info on that, so it looks like most of the car companies that tried it have dropped it.
 
well. based on some quick googling, it seems to me that plenty of other auto makers are continuing using it in at-least some of their *current* model year cars including many of the big guys BMW, Audi, Porsche (https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a64289042/2026-porsche-dolby-atmos-amazon-alexa/), several US manufacturers, etc

Maybe its been improved? or these manufacturers all have worked around these implementations somehow, or they all suck! But based on how prevalent it seems to be, it doesn't seem justified to just say its subpar.
 
Back
Top