Apple Music Spatial Audio (Dolby Atmos) via CarPlay in Lucid Gravity?

Montana

Member

Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Location
Bay Harbor, MI
Hi everyone,
I’ve been doing a bit of research around Apple CarPlay and audio capabilities, and I wanted to ask the group for some real-world insight—especially from those who have taken delivery of a Lucid Gravity.

From what I can gather:
  • Apple has introduced support for Spatial Audio / Dolby Atmos in CarPlay (with recent iOS updates)
  • The Lucid Gravity sound system is Dolby Atmos–capable at the vehicle level
  • CarPlay was recently added to Gravity via OTA, so this is all very new
What I haven’t been able to confirm is:
Does Apple Music via CarPlay in the Lucid Gravity actually play in Dolby Atmos / Spatial Audio?

I realize this may depend on how Lucid has implemented CarPlay audio routing, and whether Atmos is currently enabled through that path versus the native system.

If anyone has had a chance to test this, I’d really appreciate hearing your experience:
  • Are you seeing the Dolby Atmos badge in Apple Music while using CarPlay?
  • Does the audio presentation feel distinctly spatial/immersive, or more like standard stereo?
  • Any differences between wired vs wireless CarPlay, if you’ve tried both?
I’m mainly trying to understand how the full experience comes together in real-world use, given how strong the Gravity’s audio platform appears to be.
Appreciate any insights—and thanks in advance to those willing to share.

Best,
John
 
This has been mentioned passionately by several folks spread out in various threads but in general the idea is no Dolby/spatial and unknown if it is in the plans yet. Wired better quality than wireless - some folks may not be able to tell the difference like those of us playing toddler songs all day
 
This has been mentioned passionately by several folks spread out in various threads but in general the idea is no Dolby/spatial and unknown if it is in the plans yet. Wired better quality than wireless - some folks may not be able to tell the difference like those of us playing toddler songs all day
Hi — thanks so much for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it. And apologies if I missed some of the earlier threads on this—clearly I should have dug a bit deeper before posting.

That’s helpful context. One of the reasons I asked is because Lucid seems to be one of the few automakers that has built such an advanced audio platform to begin with, so I was hopeful it might already extend to Spatial Audio or Dolby Atmos through CarPlay.

Sounds like we’re not quite there yet, but I appreciate you sharing what you’ve seen—and the note on wired vs wireless is helpful as well.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
 
Hi — thanks so much for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it. And apologies if I missed some of the earlier threads on this—clearly I should have dug a bit deeper before posting.

That’s helpful context. One of the reasons I asked is because Lucid seems to be one of the few automakers that has built such an advanced audio platform to begin with, so I was hopeful it might already extend to Spatial Audio or Dolby Atmos through CarPlay.

Sounds like we’re not quite there yet, but I appreciate you sharing what you’ve seen—and the note on wired vs wireless is helpful as well.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
No worries, hard to monitor all the threads and search function somewhat works haha

It would be nice if Lucid communicated their plans but maybe even they don't know. But either support through Apple Music app or CP Apple Music would be fantastic
 
Back
Top