mikecronis Active Member Joined Jun 2, 2024 Messages 297 Reaction score 191 Location Colorado Cars Lucid Air Dream-P Air DE Number 234 Apr 14, 2025 #1 Noticed the Daily minimum level is 50% on the App for Charging. Is anyone doing 50? I've been doing 70%.
Noticed the Daily minimum level is 50% on the App for Charging. Is anyone doing 50? I've been doing 70%.
Volund Active Member Verified Owner Joined Feb 23, 2022 Messages 1,830 Reaction score 1,343 Location Salt Lake City Utah Cars Lucid Air Grand Touring Referral Code RVGCLMKM Apr 14, 2025 #2 mikecronis said: Noticed the Daily minimum level is 50% on the App for Charging. Is anyone doing 50? I've been doing 70%. Click to expand... Good catch, i know for long term storage the battery likes to be at 50-60% I wonder if it's just being proactive about battery health
mikecronis said: Noticed the Daily minimum level is 50% on the App for Charging. Is anyone doing 50? I've been doing 70%. Click to expand... Good catch, i know for long term storage the battery likes to be at 50-60% I wonder if it's just being proactive about battery health
D DeaneG Active Member Verified Owner Supporting Member Joined Jan 3, 2022 Messages 7,477 Reaction score 8,525 Location San Francisco Bay Area Cars Gravity GT, XC40 P8 EV Referral Code 3OKY7YGA Apr 14, 2025 #3 There's no benefit to charging below 50%, and you lose utility of the car, so it makes sense.
mikecronis Active Member Joined Jun 2, 2024 Messages 297 Reaction score 191 Location Colorado Cars Lucid Air Dream-P Air DE Number 234 Apr 14, 2025 #4 My typical usage is 70% SOC to 45% State of Charge usage. (70-45% SoC @ 20 deg. C) BU-808: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries Manufacturers take a conservative approach and specify the life of Li-ion in most consumer products as being between 300 and 500 discharge/charge cycles.… batteryuniversity.com Last edited: Apr 14, 2025
My typical usage is 70% SOC to 45% State of Charge usage. (70-45% SoC @ 20 deg. C) BU-808: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries Manufacturers take a conservative approach and specify the life of Li-ion in most consumer products as being between 300 and 500 discharge/charge cycles.… batteryuniversity.com