App and Sirius problems post update to 2.2.2

Halodde

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
BJ2URGEK
(mods - I'm posting a new thread because this is not related to carplay)

Since I updated, I've noticed 2 things that got worse. Both seem like they could be software related at least in my non-expert mind. First, while previously the app would occasionally take a long time to awaken the car, since the update, it is far more frequent than it was before. Now, regularly when I open the app, it tries to wake the car and it takes a very long time often throwing the message that it's not taking longer than expected and asking if I want to retry. Sometimes, I retry several times and still am not able to wake the car. This has happened multiple times in multiple locations where I was able to awaken the car on the first try prior to the update.

Second, now when I get in the car to drive, I get a message on the cockpit display that I don't have any Sirius favorites. This resolves itself after driving for several minutes or if I switch profiles and back.

Obviously, neither of these items are that big in the grand scheme. But I'm posting here to see if this/these issues are occurring with other vehicles or if I'm just the lucky one.

What do you think, owners?

I have the first one just about every time

Reactions: jri

Since I updated, I've noticed 2 things that got worse. Both seem like they could be software related at least in my non-expert mind. First, while previously the app would occasionally take a long time to awaken the car, since the update, it is far more frequent than it was before. Now, regularly when I open the app, it tries to wake the car and it takes a very long time often throwing the message that it's not taking longer than expected and asking if I want to retry. Sometimes, I retry several times and still am not able to wake the car. This has happened multiple times in multiple locations where I was able to awaken the car on the first try prior to the update.

Second, now when I get in the car to drive, I get a message on the cockpit display that I don't have any Sirius favorites. This resolves itself after driving for several minutes or if I switch profiles and back.

Obviously, neither of these items are that big in the grand scheme. But I'm posting here to see if this/these issues are occurring with other vehicles or if I'm just the lucky one.

Sorry. I should have clarified that when I start to drive, I have no favorites AND I get no music. Both resolve as described above eventually.

I’ve had longer wake up times with the app, but fortunately I rarely use the app being a fob guy.

I’ve had longer wake up times with the app, but fortunately I rarely use the app being a fob guy.
Mobile key or fob is different than wake-up via app. App uses SMS, mobile key and fob use Bluetooth.

I also have failures of the app to wake the car (Android). Force-closing the app and restarting it seems to always work - maybe this re-sends a wake-up text.

Reactions: jri
I also have failures of the app to wake the car (Android). Force-closing the app and restarting it seems to always work - maybe this re-sends a wake-up text.
I closed and restarted 3 times consecutively yesterday before it worked

Mobile key or fob is different than wake-up via app. App uses SMS, mobile key and fob use Bluetooth.
Yup, forgot that, but my point was it seems the wake up times using the app are actually longer for me post 2.2.2. This is a subjective feeling as opposed to a measured, objectively timed comparison. Of course the actual time for wake-up has always been all over the place, sometimes relatively quick and other times painfully slow. During those times I think to myself, “Dummy, just go into the house and get the damn fob”. ;)

Yup, forgot that, but my point was it seems the wake up times using the app are actually longer for me post 2.2.2. This is a subjective feeling as opposed to a measured, objectively timed comparison. Of course the actual time for wake-up has always been all over the place, sometimes relatively quick and other times painfully slow. During those times I think to myself, “Dummy, just go into the house and get the damn fob”. ;)
Do you have an Android?

I just experienced the rapid pause/play infinite toggle for the first time today. I was using CarPlay Apple Music. Pressing pause, waiting a few seconds, then play, fixed it.

I second your observations of delayed unlocking. Sometimes I remind myself that OTA updates are one step forward two steps back. This vehicle is sadly hampered by the mediocre software. Here we are several years into production and we can’t reliably unlock this car….

My issue is with the waking up the car using my Android phone. I've noticed that in a particular location (on a golf course, but close to a resort, so can't believe it's a cell coverage issue) the can times out trying to wake the car. Then when I get closer to the green on that hole, it works. Seems like I read this works by sending an SMS message to the car. Is this correct? Any idea why this particular location just doesn't work.

My issue is with the waking up the car using my Android phone. I've noticed that in a particular location (on a golf course, but close to a resort, so can't believe it's a cell coverage issue) the can times out trying to wake the car. Then when I get closer to the green on that hole, it works. Seems like I read this works by sending an SMS message to the car. Is this correct? Any idea why this particular location just doesn't work.
I've been having the same issue. My car was 'offline' for a good chunk of time yesterday according to the app and customer service. But it was charging and driving fine during that time. It just would not communicate with the app despite having good cell coverage for both of my cell phones the entire time. The app just couldn't communicate with the car for some unknown reason or reasons. I'm not smart enough to figure out why. 🤷‍♂️

That is my understanding too. It still can be cell coverage since the provider is AT&T and your cell maybe on a different network.
That said , I do notice less responsiveness to the app these days.
By the way, my new strategy for connecting issues for doors not opening using your cell phone as a key.
1. Restart your phone 2.Airlogo reset 3. Remove and repair your cell from the car.
Usually works before I get to step three.
Although if bluetooth device Lucid-05392 is missing from your list of paired devices, repairing is necessary. For some reason, my Android phone needs occasional repairing but my iPhone has never yet 🤷‍♂️

I just experienced the rapid pause/play infinite toggle for the first time today. I was using CarPlay Apple Music. Pressing pause, waiting a few seconds, then play, fixed it.
I'm curious about this because I have an Android so obviously not using carplay. When you say the infinite toggle of play and pause, is it just the audio that you hear doing that? Or is there anything visible showing Paws and play on the displays? Because my Sirius today seems to be cutting in and out continually like it's never done before

I'm curious about this because I have an Android so obviously not using carplay. When you say the infinite toggle of play and pause, is it just the audio that you hear doing that? Or is there anything visible showing Paws and play on the displays? Because my Sirius today seems to be cutting in and out continually like it's never done before
In my case the audio doesn’t play, the screen controls toggle between play and pause. Pressing the button doesn’t seem to do anything. It actually hasn’t happened recently but it was happening every day.

In my case the audio doesn’t play, the screen controls toggle between play and pause. Pressing the button doesn’t seem to do anything. It actually hasn’t happened recently but it was happening every day.
Thank you and I'm glad it resolved for you. Must be a separate issue

Back