Anyone Lucid near Austin?

Spinstorm

Cars
Grand Touring Reserved!
I am from the UK. I have ordered a Lucid Air Grand Touring but who knows when it will actually arrive…

I will be in Austin 19-23rd January - next week when I type this - and would love to see a Lucid Air up close.
I also have a YouTube channel (techinthecar) and would love to feature one on my channel.

I have asked Lucid if they can get me into a car for a test drive as a customer but it is unclear so if anyone can help me out; and I can make a video that would be awesome!
Thanks!

I have a DE in the far west part of the Houston metroplex.

About 2hrs from Austin.

You are welcome to "look" and take pictures. :)

Attachments

• Dream Edition.png
    Dream Edition.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 289
I am from the UK. I have ordered a Lucid Air Grand Touring but who knows when it will actually arrive…

I will be in Austin 19-23rd January - next week when I type this - and would love to see a Lucid Air up close.
I also have a YouTube channel (techinthecar) and would love to feature one on my channel.

I have asked Lucid if they can get me into a car for a test drive as a customer but it is unclear so if anyone can help me out; and I can make a video that would be awesome!
Thanks!
Me Too. What part of the the UK are you from? Are you planning on shipping it to the UK or do you now live in the US?

Second Zenith Red that I have seen so far.
I do like the color, even though it is very dark. It sparkles in the sunlight. Thinking about blacking out the silver trim.

Me Too. What part of the the UK are you from? Are you planning on shipping it to the UK or do you now live in the US?

London. I am hoping it will be sent over here by Lucid as I reserved it for the U.K. but I only just made my reservation so I have no idea what the process is.

London. I am hoping it will be sent over here by Lucid as I reserved it for the U.K. but I only just made my reservation so I have no idea what the process is.
I'm from Cambridge originally, my wife is from Ealing, currently living in SF bay area. Reserved a GT in January 2021. Can't wait. Mine should be delivered about March. Good luck.

Love the pics. But, suggest we stop posting license plate numbers. In virtually all states, those numbers are in public data bases linked to the registered owner's address.

In virtually all states, those numbers are in public data bases linked to the registered owner's address.

Good point. However, license plate owner information is not publicly available for Florida plates:

Even when police personnel pull up a license plate number, their access of the database is logged along with their reason for the inquiry. (I have this from the weapons instructor for our Sheriff Department, who was wanting to run a number to find out who was frequenting an illegal commercial gun range in a residentially-zoned area. He decided it would be risky to do so until a formal complaint was under investigation.)

Last edited:
Good point. However, license plate owner information is not publicly available for Florida plates:

Even when police personnel pull up a license plate number, their access of the database is logged along with their reason for the inquiry. (I have this from the weapons instructor for our Sheriff Department, who was wanting to run a number to find out who was frequenting an illegal commercial gun range in a residentially-zoned area. He decided it would be risky to do so until a formal complaint was under investigation.)
g safety
Good safety and privacy provision in Florida. Thank you.

Good safety and privacy provision in Florida. Thank you.

It would still be better to err on the side of caution, though. I didn't really think about it when posting but should have.

BTW, the Zenith Red becomes almost black at night unless it's under direct light. Even in shade it darkens considerably, which is why I showed the garage shot. The color is red only in the sense that red wine is red.

BTW, the Zenith Red becomes almost black at night unless it's under direct light. Even in shade it darkens considerably, which is why I showed the garage shot. The color is red only in the sense that red wine is red.

thanks for sharing those photos. Looks great. Would you have a photo of the interior with the door open to show the red with the interior?

thanks for sharing those photos. Looks great. Would you have a photo of the interior with the door open to show the red with the interior?

I don't, but I'll try to take one tomorrow. We're besieged by thunderstorms today.

Back