Anyone in Bay Area get PPF/Ceramic from Tintix?

Eevee

Cars
Air Touring
I have an appointment with Tintix in Brentwood next week, same time I'm taking delivery. I've seen good reviews on Google but it seems like every PPF installer in the bay area has at least 4.5 stars so wanted to check with any of you guys? They originally quoted me $6499 for full ppf+ceramic, and while I was waiting to decide they reached out and told me about a February special that would knock $1000 off and bring it down to $5499, plus another 3% discount if I pay cash upfront. Seems way cheaper than anyone else I've been getting quotes from in the bay so of course that's very intriguing but is it too good to be true?? I'm still sort of debating on skipping PPF and canceling my appt because the more I think about it, I don't care about chips all that much since I'm not reselling; keeping this car til the wheels fall off lol but am I crazy to pass up what may be an amazing deal?

I have quotes from 5 auto detail shops. Price quoted ranged from $5K on the low end to $7K on the high end. I think it is fair price. Other members on this forum used other shops and they probably paid in 5 digits figure to get their PPF done.

Let us know how it turns out.

Looks like I got ceramic coating confused with when they said "gloss and ppf", the xpel ppf they have already has that shine; no need for another coating so price seems fair. Just dropped the car off but does anyone know what sensors am I supposed to make sure they don't cover? I've seen posts here before about visibility issues from the sensors being covered if ppf isn't cut out correctly, I want to know exactly what to check for when I pick it up :)

Make sure they cut holes around all ultrasonic sensors.

I have an appointment with Tintix in Brentwood next week, same time I'm taking delivery. I've seen good reviews on Google but it seems like every PPF installer in the bay area has at least 4.5 stars so wanted to check with any of you guys? They originally quoted me $6499 for full ppf+ceramic, and while I was waiting to decide they reached out and told me about a February special that would knock $1000 off and bring it down to $5499, plus another 3% discount if I pay cash upfront. Seems way cheaper than anyone else I've been getting quotes from in the bay so of course that's very intriguing but is it too good to be true?? I'm still sort of debating on skipping PPF and canceling my appt because the more I think about it, I don't care about chips all that much since I'm not reselling; keeping this car til the wheels fall off lol but am I crazy to pass up what may be an amazing deal?
I'm having Pansini Auto Spa in Brentwood give me a quote on all of that on Monday when they detail mine. My only hesitation is that they have not done a Lucid before so I'll weigh that out and compare the cost with OCDetailing which have done many. I'll update you with what they say.

*ETA just saw your updated post that you're dropping it off already so my info next week won't do you any good.

Looks like I got ceramic coating confused with when they said "gloss and ppf", the xpel ppf they have already has that shine; no need for another coating so price seems fair. Just dropped the car off but does anyone know what sensors am I supposed to make sure they don't cover? I've seen posts here before about visibility issues from the sensors being covered if ppf isn't cut out correctly, I want to know exactly what to check for when I pick it up :)
The gloss on the PPF and ceramic perform different functions. @TotalDetailingPA can go in depth, but essentially the ceramic provides a harder outer coating that will help reduce the quickness of yellowing on the PPF from UV, acid etc.

Man I'd love the ceramic coating it if it actually did come with the package! But I guess I just didn't want to spend the extra 1000 hehe. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Man I'd love the ceramic coating it if it actually did come with the package! But I guess I just didn't want to spend the extra 1000 hehe. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Well make sure they post a lot of pics of your car on their website:)

The built in ceramic coating on PPF does not last long and does not work as well as a real ceramic coating. My STEK PPF has the built in hydrophobicity, but my installer strongly recommended ceramic on top of that, which I did. I believe @TotalDetailingPA has posted the same recommendation on this forum.

I am in NJ. Went to the local shop. They did PPF on the front, hood, front fenders and mirrors, and did a 5 year ceramic over the entire car. $3,200 and the car looks amazing.

I had ceramic coating (newer product) in Benicia. Terrific job. $2000.

Did you get your car back yet?

I got 2 quotes in the SF East Bay, each bid $9k for full PPF and ceramic. Went with the one that knocked $1k off their quote.

I am in NJ. Went to the local shop. They did PPF on the front, hood, front fenders and mirrors, and did a 5 year ceramic over the entire car. $3,200 and the car looks amazing.
Sounds like a pretty good price.

I paid $7,900 for the whole magilla - full ppf + ceramic. But that was in Fl so probably a bit cheaper than your area. If they can show you quality work it sounds like at a steal that price.

Back