Any recent lease retuns?

Hbaeuerle

Member

Joined
Jan 18, 2024
Messages
37
Reaction score
13
Cars
Lucid air
Has anyone had a recent lease return? Mine is due in 6 weeks and wanted to hear if the process has improved? Especially all the charges from Bofa.
 
It has been quiet lately on the lease return front. I hope that means the process has been mostly improved.
 
I purchased my Air GT. I'm looking at leasing a Gravity (this week). What have the leasing issues been? Anything I should look out for or do differently as I approach leasing? Thank you in advance.
 
You can probably find the threads via search, but the short of it is: When the first batch of Air lease returns started happening, there were several reports of, frankly, ludicrous charges for what most of us would consider normal wear and tear.

Lots of back and forth ensued, but Lucid eventually announced they were addressing it, and many of the more egregious charges were reversed for many people. But it was a bad look and a hard lesson for Lucid, for sure.

Since that period, we’ve been seeing few reports of continued issues with lease returns. So the assumption is that this is mostly a thing of the past now. Fingers crossed.
 
I will be returning mine next weekend after 2 years (including a 6 month extension). I did use Open Lane about a month ago and they didn't find anything so fingers crossed it goes well. Did anyone happen to return theirs with the tint on still? Initially, the sales rep told me they might be able to accept it with the tint on, but now I was told I should remove it. I know it's stated in the lease return and I was hoping things might have changed over the year, but I guess it hasn't. This is my first time leasing a car but I've heard most other auto companies don't mind you leaving it on since it adds value to the car.

I'll have to call the tint shop I got it done at to have it removed, but was wondering if the price Lucid was going to charge me to leave it on would be around the same it would cost to remove it? I know it'll be likely cheaper to have it removed at the tint shop, but wanted to see if anyone knew here? Thanks!
 
I will be returning mine next weekend after 2 years (including a 6 month extension). I did use Open Lane about a month ago and they didn't find anything so fingers crossed it goes well. Did anyone happen to return theirs with the tint on still? Initially, the sales rep told me they might be able to accept it with the tint on, but now I was told I should remove it. I know it's stated in the lease return and I was hoping things might have changed over the year, but I guess it hasn't. This is my first time leasing a car but I've heard most other auto companies don't mind you leaving it on since it adds value to the car.

I'll have to call the tint shop I got it done at to have it removed, but was wondering if the price Lucid was going to charge me to leave it on would be around the same it would cost to remove it? I know it'll be likely cheaper to have it removed at the tint shop, but wanted to see if anyone knew here? Thanks!
I know with wraps some companies charge a per panel fee as tho it was a scratch, which I think is fair. I would guess they have a similar provision for tinted windows but I would want to know what it is.
 
I will be returning mine next weekend after 2 years (including a 6 month extension). I did use Open Lane about a month ago and they didn't find anything so fingers crossed it goes well. Did anyone happen to return theirs with the tint on still? Initially, the sales rep told me they might be able to accept it with the tint on, but now I was told I should remove it. I know it's stated in the lease return and I was hoping things might have changed over the year, but I guess it hasn't. This is my first time leasing a car but I've heard most other auto companies don't mind you leaving it on since it adds value to the car.

I'll have to call the tint shop I got it done at to have it removed, but was wondering if the price Lucid was going to charge me to leave it on would be around the same it would cost to remove it? I know it'll be likely cheaper to have it removed at the tint shop, but wanted to see if anyone knew here? Thanks!
I’m glad to hear you’re able to extend your lease. I’m thinking about extending my lease as well.
 
I’m glad to hear you’re able to extend your lease. I’m thinking about extending my lease as well.
I was told when discussing this with a rep that you can extend as needed on a monthly basis. Which makes sense. It's all upside for them to just keep charging you monthly. I don't think it will change the buy out price.
 
Well, i just started on my lease and have time to discuss extension. Thanks
 
I will be returning mine next weekend after 2 years (including a 6 month extension). I did use Open Lane about a month ago and they didn't find anything so fingers crossed it goes well. Did anyone happen to return theirs with the tint on still? Initially, the sales rep told me they might be able to accept it with the tint on, but now I was told I should remove it. I know it's stated in the lease return and I was hoping things might have changed over the year, but I guess it hasn't. This is my first time leasing a car but I've heard most other auto companies don't mind you leaving it on since it adds value to the car.

I'll have to call the tint shop I got it done at to have it removed, but was wondering if the price Lucid was going to charge me to leave it on would be around the same it would cost to remove it? I know it'll be likely cheaper to have it removed at the tint shop, but wanted to see if anyone knew here? Thanks!
Hi, my lease is up in September and I'm considering trading the Air for a Gravity. Could you kindly share an update regarding your experience in returning the Air to Lucid (including tint and/or ppf removal)? Many thanks!
 
My 23 Air AWD lease ended in March after I extended the original 18 month contract. Having read horrible stories about getting charged for every single nick and scratch, in the end I only paid $400 for scuffed rims plus $450 fee. I did have it pre inspected with the minor scuffs to front air dam noted.
There was some back and forth over mileage allowance - lease contact allowed 10k a year, I put on 15k in 23 months. Ultimately, no charge assessed and all my communications with Lucid Financial staff were easy though the dispute did take a few weeks to sort out.
Loved the car, best of some 38 autos I’ve owned in 50 years, had not one issue outside of popping two 19” tires in a pothole. Lucid Roadside towed it for free. I did want to buy it but the set price was more than $5000 what I can buy a pre owned 24 at. As I don’t drive that much, I’m going to use my MB SLK with 6 speed as a daily driver for now.
 
I was told when discussing this with a rep that you can extend as needed on a monthly basis. Which makes sense. It's all upside for them to just keep charging you monthly. I don't think it will change the buy out price.
The monthly lease payment reduces your buyout number less the tax.
 
I was told when discussing this with a rep that you can extend as needed on a monthly basis. Which makes sense. It's all upside for them to just keep charging you monthly. I don't think it will change the buy out price.
I am not able to extend beyond 5 months. seems like this is the max
 
The option to extend the lease for five months definitely offers some breathing room. The downside is that, in most cases, once you go beyond the original turn-in date, you’ll have to pay for another year of registration—which is pretty expensive here in California. You should be able to get a prorated refund or credit if you notify the DMV when the car is sold or the lease is terminated, but it’s still another expense and hassle to deal with.
 
I had my OpenLane inspection today and it went well.. I was worried about a few issues but inspector was cool and easy going. Told me my tires are right at limit line which means I need to tread lightly (pun intended). That will impact my thoughts about extending because I could need to pay for tires-- and will need to pay next year's registration.
 
Back
Top