Any reason my maximum charge is less than advertised?

abbas2099

Verified Owner
Cars
Matte Black AGT
I have a GT with about 1700 miles now. When it was around 1200 miles, I charged it to the max and got only 500 miles vs 516 as advertised. Anyone have the same result or know why?

I have a GT with about 1700 miles now. When it was around 1200 miles, I charged it to the max and got only 500 miles vs 516 as advertised. Anyone have the same result or know

Yes for me, when I first picked my car up it said 530 miles. Now at full charge it only says 451

Yes for me, when I first picked my car up it said 530 miles. Now at full charge it only says 451
That is a huge difference from 530. Is it the software or actual battery degradation ?

That is a huge difference from 530. Is it the software or actual battery degradation ?
Software mostly. Someone mentioned in another post about how after every charge it gets recalculated, possibly based off recent driving?

iirc you have a 21" and it showed 530 miles on full charge? that's a bit strange.

This is normal for EV batteries. You’ll only, MAYBE, get your stated rated range during your first week of ownership. After that it’s a slow but inexorable slide downwards from the manufacturer’s stated ”rated range”.

For example, our Tesla Model S had a rated range of 259 miles brand new. The first time I charged it, the dashboard showed 262 miles. At subsequent chargings, I NEVER saw that number again. The car settled at around 252 to 255 miles on the infrequent occasions when I would charge to 100%

Our later Tesla Model Xs had a rated range of 295 miles. Similar to our Model S, except that I NEVER saw 295 miles even after charging to 100% for the first time. Both Model Xs settled at around 288 to 289 miles when charged to 100%.

In all instances, range reduction through battery degradation happened most rapidly during the first year or two of ownership, and/or during the first 50,000 miles.

I can’t imagine Lucid batteries being very different. Don’t let any of this ”rated range” stuff at 100% charge concern you. It’s all pretty normal.

ADDENDA:

Over they years Tesla owner fora would talk about how each individual car’s ”rated range” at 100% was based on driving and charging habits. I never experienced or read anything that convinced me of any of this.

There was also a lot of talk about “balancing the EV battery” to get “a few miles back”. In my ownership experience, also a load of bollocks and a waste of time.

My recommendation, and only possible if the Lucid software allows it: set your charge limit to Percentage instead of Rated Range. You’ll be a lot less concerned about any of this if you do.

Last edited:
My recommendation, and only possible if the Lucid software allows it: set your charge limit to Percentage instead of Rated Range. You’ll be a lot less concerned about any of this if you do.
Currently it is just graphic representation of a car and a slide bar between daily and long distance. I assume it is implied at 80% to 100%. I wish when you slide that bar, Lucid software give you that % number like how it is shown in Tesla. Who knows? Maybe down the road OTA…

I believe range is just a guestimate based on your recent driving practice, if your driving changes then estimated range will too, for example you go on trip on highway at 80 MPH with AC blasting for 100 miles, you will drop more than 100 miles of estimated range, better to keep eye on % charge,

This is normal for EV batteries. You’ll only, MAYBE, get your stated rated range during your first week of ownership. After that it’s a slow but inexorable slide downwards from the manufacturer’s stated ”rated range”.

For example, our Tesla Model S had a rated range of 259 miles brand new. The first time I charged it, the dashboard showed 262 miles. At subsequent chargings, I NEVER saw that number again. The car settled at around 252 to 255 miles on the infrequent occasions when I would charge to 100%

Our later Tesla Model Xs had a rated range of 295 miles. Similar to our Model S, except that I NEVER saw 295 miles even after charging to 100% for the first time. Both Model Xs settled at around 288 to 289 miles when charged to 100%.

In all instances, range reduction through battery degradation happened most rapidly during the first year or two of ownership, and/or during the first 50,000 miles.

I can’t imagine Lucid batteries being very different. Don’t let any of this ”rated range” stuff at 100% charge concern you. It’s all pretty normal.

ADDENDA:

Over they years Tesla owner fora would talk about how each individual car’s ”rated range” at 100% was based on driving and charging habits. I never experienced or read anything that convinced me of any of this.

There was also a lot of talk about “balancing the EV battery” to get “a few miles back”. In my ownership experience, also a load of bollocks and a waste of time.

100% this. My Tesla battery saw the same sort of slide down in range the first two years, and then it kinda settled in on the third and lost less. I’m convinced this happens regardless of what you do. All the “advice” you get about charging, not charging, percentages, resets, is just added stress in your life you don’t need.

If your battery loses significantly more range than others, it’s more likely a defect than anything you did.

It can also vary by charging conditions, exterior temp etc. I’ve charged up to 516, 508 and 512 the 3 times I’ve charged to 100%, with 516 being the most recent actually.

It can also vary by charging conditions, exterior temp etc. I’ve charged up to 516, 508 and 512 the 3 times I’ve charged to 100%, with 516 being the most recent actually.
I never even charge once to 100%, 94% was most, that was with L2 being safe. I shall try 100% next charge to see what it says on my GT 21”.

100% this. My Tesla battery saw the same sort of slide down in range the first two years, and then it kinda settled in on the third and lost less. I’m convinced this happens regardless of what you do. All the “advice” you get about charging, not charging, percentages, resets, is just added stress in your life you don’t need.

If your battery loses significantly more range than others, it’s more likely a defect than anything you did.
With my Tesla , the max was 310 and it gave me 310 for at least the first year.. then it started degrading. I just sold it last month, after 5 years and 125k miles later… it was down to 265 at best. I understand battery degredation but my question was based on a brand new car, losing 16 miles. I understand now that range is based on my driving habits but I would nice to see the 516 pop up for at least a little while then decrease accordingly based on my driving.

So far my max miles/kWh achieved is 3.2 ( my average is usually 2.6) ... not sure under what circumstances, the rating team was able to get 4.6.

With my Tesla , the max was 310 and it gave me 310 for at least the first year.. then it started degrading. I just sold it last month, after 5 years and 125k miles later… it was down to 265 at best. I understand battery degredation but my question was based on a brand new car, losing 16 miles. I understand now that range is based on my driving habits but I would nice to see the 516 pop up for at least a little while then decrease accordingly based on my driving.

So far my max miles/kWh achieved is 3.2 ( my average is usually 2.6) ... not sure under what circumstances, the rating team was able to get 4.6.
19" wheels, perfect weather, no wind, 55mph

Back