I have been searching and searching.... strange there are NO LEAKED PHOTOS....
I've heard of journalists complain about the Model Y ride quality, so as long as Lucid nails it they can get a lot of buyers to convert. Given how much they focus on driving dynamics, I think we can be in for a surprise on where else buyers will convert from.Lucid is surprisingly good at keeping these sorts of things locked down. Any photos you see out there, beyond what Lucid teased in their recent presentations, are clearly bad AI fakes.
You can get a feel for how Cosmosmight look, sort of, in the video for the Investor Day presentation. There's a sequence there where they are talking about eventual level 4 self-driving, where they show a sort of "outline" view of the car. To me, that gives away more of what it looks like than anything else I've seen.
I think this car is going to be a stunner. Much more sporty and sleek than a Rivian-type "truck" SUV. A Model Y, only not ugly and egg-shaped. I think when people see it, and they see it's only marginally more expensive than a Y, people are going to be very interested.
every video you watch on youtube, the DRIVERS of this world swoon for Lucid. They have it nailed. This in one thing that everyone agrees on I believe.I've heard of journalists complain about the Model Y ride quality, so as long as Lucid nails it they can get a lot of buyers to convert. Given how much they focus on driving dynamics, I think we can be in for a surprise on where else buyers will convert from.
I'm particularly thinking about the European market, where estates and hatchbacks are still selling well. The relatively more compact size of Cosmos could give them wider appeal when navigating the tighter roads, and maybe not be too much of a jump from a typical estate buyer.
From your mouth to God's ears....Cosmos will offer Porsche-level driving fun in a slightly-more-than-Model Y price. I think that’s a winning formula.
the thing is that autonomy is a moving target. The industry is still relatively new so there isn't an established standard or best practice yet. There are still so many unknown-unknowns that have yet to be addressed. So far, we've got SAE's definitions for autonomous driving capabilities, but there's no SAE definition for the kind of hardware or logic needed.Interesting that apparently the Gravity won't go past L2++ on city streets while the Cosmo is targeting L4 by 2029 (I assume using hardware delivered this year). Seems strange - could they not put the pre-reqs on a new model Gravity? I'm looking for a reason to be optimistic but between service & software, it's hard to accept Lucid on just their word these days. Hopefully they make it.
View attachment 38374
Drove a model Y loaner a few months ago. It was terrible in the ride and handling department.Indeed. I think Teslas are perfectly fine, better than average cars. But they are most decidedly not driving enthusiast cars. Harsh ride. Not very good in a corner. And the Y is markedly worse to drive than the 3.
It’s great they are out there, and I appreciate what the brand did for EVs in general. And they will remain more affordable than Lucid. But Lucid is just in a whole other class when it comes to driving dynamics.
Cosmos will offer Porsche-level driving fun in a slightly-more-than-Model Y price. I think that’s a winning formula.
I think it'd be a mistake to assume that an L4 capable Cosmos in 2029 won't have different hardware than the Cosmos launches with next year. Keep in mind the L4 autonomy for consumer vehicles is a problem that no company has yet solved. The only companies coming close are operations like Waymo that have quite a substantial set of additional sensors, and an as-yet-undisclosed proprietary computing capacity, while still needing a non-trivial central operations team. There's certainly a chance that a 2027 Cosmos will have the needed hardware, but there's a big chance that it will not. Witness the constant failed promises Tesla has been making about their vehicles being FSD ready.Interesting that apparently the Gravity won't go past L2++ on city streets while the Cosmo is targeting L4 by 2029 (I assume using hardware delivered this year). Seems strange - could they not put the pre-reqs on a new model Gravity? I'm looking for a reason to be optimistic but between service & software, it's hard to accept Lucid on just their word these days. Hopefully they make it.
View attachment 38374
What basis do you have for this? An Air does not approach the Porsche Taycan level of driving fun. There is a significant difference in the level of steering precision. I'd say Lucid is better than nearly everyone but in driving fun Porsche is still tops. Porsche is also the absolute best at being the absolute worst in interior packaging but at least their dealer service only charges $1500 for a 20 minute visual inspection. I'm replacing my Ioniq 5 N with a Cayenne S EV I special ordered. For me, I'm willing and able to give up a lot of $$$ for the driving fun piece of the equation.Cosmos will offer Porsche-level driving fun in a slightly-more-than-Model Y price. I think that’s a winning formula.
Okay I will concede that most everyone likes the Rivian look not "everyone". I owned the R1 truck and I didn't like the look but I don't buy on looks at all. I care about driving enjoyment and utility.We all have our own thoughts and opinions, amazing how they can be so different sometimes. I have always driven Porsche vehicles....several 911s and a Panamera, loved them all. I thought I'd love the Taycan 4S but just swapped it out for a 2026 Air Touring a month ago.....best car decision I've made in a long time, at least so far! Taycan was underwhelming on so many levels. Interior is so cramped and basic compared to the Air. Range is miserable and level 2 charging takes forever. It does drive well, however didn't make up for the major shortfalls for me. On the Rivian R1, it's only second in ugliness to the Dodge Grand Caravan, IMHO.
... It does drive well, however didn't make up for the major shortfalls for me. On the Rivian R1, it's only second in ugliness to the Dodge Grand Caravan, IMHO![]()
This is a fair take. I think Porsches generally offer a better driving experience (at least the Taycan, I haven't driven the Cayenne EV), but I don't think Lucid is far off. I kind of see Lucid as being a close second to Porsche in driving dynamics (for EVs), while being significantly cheaper, and having more advanced software (aside from bugs) and more space. I imagine Cosmos will stack up in a very similar way when compared to the Macan, which seems to be more aligned with Gravity pricing.What basis do you have for this? An Air does not approach the Porsche Taycan level of driving fun. There is a significant difference in the level of steering precision. I'd say Lucid is better than nearly everyone but in driving fun Porsche is still tops. Porsche is also the absolute best at being the absolute worst in interior packaging but at least their dealer service only charges $1500 for a 20 minute visual inspection. I'm replacing my Ioniq 5 N with a Cayenne S EV I special ordered. For me, I'm willing and able to give up a lot of $$$ for the driving fun piece of the equation.
I do hope the Cosmos is a looker and they nail the software because then it can be the saviour of the company. The Rivian R2 is going to sell like hotcakes. I had the Rivian truck and everyone likes the look. The R2 is the same but packaged in the most popular size and priced right. With a good looking Cosmos and the R2 Tesla Y dominance is over.
As a guy who works for Porsche and Drives an Air GT…. I’m not sure I agree with this.What basis do you have for this? An Air does not approach the Porsche Taycan level of driving fun. There is a significant difference in the level of steering precision. I'd say Lucid is better than nearly everyone but in driving fun Porsche is still tops. Porsche is also the absolute best at being the absolute worst in interior packaging but at least their dealer service only charges $1500 for a 20 minute visual inspection. I'm replacing my Ioniq 5 N with a Cayenne S EV I special ordered. For me, I'm willing and able to give up a lot of $$$ for the driving fun piece of the equation.
I do hope the Cosmos is a looker and they nail the software because then it can be the saviour of the company. The Rivian R2 is going to sell like hotcakes. I had the Rivian truck and everyone likes the look. The R2 is the same but packaged in the most popular size and priced right. With a good looking Cosmos and the R2 Tesla Y dominance is over.
My statement was not an equation, a ratio or used ifs ands or buts. It was a direct comparison of driving fun and there is a clear winner. Passenger room is not a factor in my statement nor any other factor like cost, shye software, place of manufacture.........As a guy who works for Porsche and Drives an Air GT…. I’m not sure I agree with this.
I mean depending on the Taycan…. I think the Air does a pretty outstanding job ESPECIALLY considering the room my passengers have in the Air.