Any issues using the LCHC with other EVs?

austinlucid

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Curious if anyone with other EVs is using the Lucid Connected Home Charger to charge those other EVs, and if they have encountered any issues.

I think it should be fine to use the LCHC to also charge my plugin hybrid BMW X5, but just wanted to see if there is anything I should be aware of or might be missing.

Curious if anyone with other EVs is using the Lucid Connected Home Charger to charge those other EVs, and if they have encountered any issues.

I think it should be fine to use the LCHC to also charge my plugin hybrid BMW X5, but just wanted to see if there is anything I should be aware of or might be missing.
No problem with EQS.

Charge Tesla Model 3 using Tesla adaptor. It takes more than a minute for the charger to get going. It charges without any issues.

I have charged my son't Tesla Model 3 Performance multiple times with no problem (using the Tesla provided adapter). I have also charged my wife's GV60 a couple of times without any problem but it has been a while.

Thanks all! I charged the X5 and had no problems. I discovered that the X5 by default sets charging to 12 amps for AC charging, but I found out I can up that in the BMW mobile app.

Do we have to change the dipswitch on LHCS to lower its output when charging any other EV?

I wouldn't know how to change the dipswitch?? So I guess it just adjusts as necessary. I do recall that it charged the GV60 at around 11 kW vs. 18kW on the Lucid. I'm not sure what it was on the Tesla but it worked fine for all three cars.

Back