Any cautions about driving for the first time immediately after delivery?

Picked up the AT last night in Costa Mesa, the last one out of an event with Peter Rawlinson autographing cars while sitting in their frunks. The staff were outside to applaud as the last of us left around 7:30pm. I think I drove out going from 0-2mph in five minutes.
Anyway, lack of familiarity kept me from trying out too much, but today we drove up PCH and tested out more of the features. I'll post more about my initial impressions, but overall the driving experience is fantastic and exceeded my expectations.

Take it to a Whole Foods, park out front, grab a latte and watch people take pics.

Picked up the AT last night in Costa Mesa, the last one out of an event with Peter Rawlinson autographing cars while sitting in their frunks. The staff were outside to applaud as the last of us left around 7:30pm. I think I drove out going from 0-2mph in five minutes.
Anyway, lack of familiarity kept me from trying out too much, but today we drove up PCH and tested out more of the features. I'll post more about my initial impressions, but overall the driving experience is fantastic and exceeded my expectations.
The Air will be a pleasure to drive on the PCH.

We had the first appointment of the day to pick up our Touring with Peter. I forgot to ask how we can get the photos and videos that they took for us. Do you know ?

If I remember correctly, the photographer said that we could contact the delivery center, but if you signed the media release, you may see yourself soon!

If I remember correctly, the photographer said that we could contact the delivery center, but if you signed the media release, you may see yourself soon!
I was there picking up my new GT as well. The DA said we could contact him to get the pictures and videos. I didn't take that many pictures myself, since I figures hers would be better.

For those of you who picked up from Costa Mesa on Friday, promo video of deliveries on that day with Peter is on the Lucid's FB page.

Before having fun on the highway, get a feel of the acceleration and re-gen on a street.
this
Watch the accelerator pedal until you get used to the car. EV torque comes on more quickly and urgently than in gasoline-powered vehicles. I'd recommend staying in "Smooth" mode for the first few miles, as it retards throttle response a bit.
this is no joke. I've 6 months and still never been out of smooth mode. The car is suddenly quick. The throttle is (love the word@hmp10) "urgent".... don't need to move it much to get loose. The stability control is great but the torque is all there before it can act.
First thing I did was turn off lane keep assist
absolutely do this: some of the Dream Drive settings are annoying. turn them off. Highway Assassin is scary too. Hold the left switch down to get out of it. Cruze control is great.

Turn off distracting drive feature. It can be very annoying.
this one too
Get some take out and stop by grocery store to shop and utilize your amazing frunk.
the funk is much more fun than Lucid lets on. show people where you put the body.

The quiet and smoothness is deceptive. You will find yourself zooming when you do not intend to. Cruze control and Highway Assassin are toggled by HOLDING DOWN the leftmost steering wheel button. Stay away from Highway Assassin.

Be aware of the BLIND SPOTS behind the A pillars. Learn to do the head bob. Particularly when you are stopped on an uphill slope at an intersection, a large area is blocked from view behind the driver's A pillar...also the right A pillar.

Don't mess with the settings / controls while driving. You have to look to find almost all the controls and it takes longer than you think. You can't adjust steering wheel while you drive so do it now. Most comfortable steering wheel position will block top of dash info. Also wipers aren't variable and if you try to look for the manual setting to get rain off the windshield you'll crash. Just push the button on the end of the left stalk once to clear the water off the windshield. You can keep doing this intermittently. The car was designed by people who live in a desert. use Rainx or something.

People will stalk you and hang out in your blind spot.

Get ready for this one: 'Who makes Lucid?"

{welcome to the club "we few, we happy few."}
see ya at the charjah

Last edited:
Back