Android Auto update - full screen

mfdutra

Active Member

Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Messages
154
Reaction score
208
Location
Bay Area, CA
Cars
2026 Gravity Touring
Referral Code
NCIO7HG9

1778614529425.webp


It looks like Android Auto is going full screen on Lucids. That's really cool. The whole interface is getting much better as well.

The screenshot shows battery state at destination as well.
 
This is almost enough to make me want to jump ship and hop into an Android phone 👀.
Don't become that green bubble person. Your friends and family will disown you! My next door neighbor is a green bubble person and I'd rather go knock on their door to chat than see that hideous message color show up on my phone 😂
 
Don't become that green bubble person. Your friends and family will disown you! My next door neighbor is a green bubble person and I'd rather go knock on their door to chat than see that hideous message color show up on my phone 😂
I don't even like my Android phone. I just keep it to annoy my family members and Friends and apparently people like you LOL
 
I've used Android phones since they were first introduced, so I like them. My work phone is an iPhone 17, which is fine as well. But when comparing Android Auto with Carplay, Carplay is a joke. AA is far superior, especially now with Gemini.
 
I've used Android phones since they were first introduced, so I like them. My work phone is an iPhone 17, which is fine as well. But when comparing Android Auto with Carplay, Carplay is a joke. AA is far superior, especially now with Gemini.
oh no, what have you done, you've just lit this place on fire!
 

View attachment 38743

It looks like Android Auto is going full screen on Lucids. That's really cool. The whole interface is getting much better as well.

The screenshot shows battery state at destination as well.
So when is this coming to Lucids?
 
Google has really been crushing it. I'm starting to get jealous of folks that have built-in google in their cars.

From the very end of the blog post:

In eligible cars with Google built-in, Immersive Navigation in Google Maps will be even more precise, thanks to live lane guidance, which will work entirely in the car to analyze the road through your vehicle's front-facing camera. Live lane guidance will understand what lane you’re in and advise you in real time as you change lanes or exit.

Sounds pretty neat that the Google maps can incorporate the cameras of the car to help with navigation.
 
That’s cool. It looks a lot nicer, taking advantage of the whole real estate of the screen. Come on Apple.
 
From the very end of the blog post:



Sounds pretty neat that the Google maps can incorporate the cameras of the car to help with navigation.
This is definitely cool. I think this will probably be coming to our cars soon as it will be needed for point-to-point (at least on the Gravity).
 
The post also calls out Dolby Atmos through Android Auto support rolling out. Lucid isn't on the list yet but super exciting that support might expand to more than just the built in Tidal at some point.
 
The picture shown is for Gravity. Thus I am wondering if this will come to AIR, because Air has had a handful of features promised decommissioned, compromised, or in straight limbo.
 
The picture shown is for Gravity. Thus I am wondering if this will come to AIR, because Air has had a handful of features promised decommissioned, compromised, or in straight limbo.
I think it is Cadillac.
 
This is definitely cool. I think this will probably be coming to our cars soon as it will be needed for point-to-point (at least on the Gravity).
This has nothing to do with point to point. If you want to use point to point in Gravity you’ll be using the built in navigation (HERE), not Android-Auto.
 
Back
Top