Android auto how many out there are truly interested in it.....

Bocabob

Verified Owner
Cars
air grand touring
I've been working on a temporary fix for Android auto there are number applications that I would enjoy having I'll be posting pictures within the next week to 2 weeks with my temporary solution just need to get a few things ironed out just curious how many people out there are waiting desperately for an Android solution I know carplay is a super big topic but Android seems to be taking a backseat here and I don't think we're going to be getting a solution within the next year I hope I'm wrong .....

Same, android as well as my main driver, but iPhone secondary. So waiting for both equally

I want it.

It seems Lucid software development team has expanded greatly in Q2 and Q3, these frequent rollouts is amazing. I’m sure it’s in near future as they might even Beta test after Apple green light it. I believe Android/Apple deployment are same time to make sense for Customer Care team to deal with issues.

Well I sure hope so........ But if not this plan b option is viable and up and running and I will release the details within the next week.... I would much prefer a factory solution....

Android guy here, too. I think I saw something that said unlike the US population's infatuation with iPhones, much of the rest of the world is dominated by Android. So, maybe as Lucid expands to other countries, the AA issues will be moved up the priority list.

Android guy here, too. I think I saw something that said unlike the US population's infatuation with iPhones, much of the rest of the world is dominated by Android. So, maybe as Lucid expands to other countries, the AA issues will be moved up the priority list.
Apple has never had a majority market share in most of the world with iPhone. Even in the States, it was basically 50/50 for a long time. They are pulling ahead a bit more these days, though.

Now, if you look at people under 25, Apple is dominating big time. So give it enough time, and Android is going to shrink significantly, even around the world.

The reason companies cater to iPhone over Android is because iPhone customers tend to spend more. A LOT more.

Having said all that, it was never an option for Lucid to do CarPlay and not Android Auto. No car company can afford to ignore that big a big chunk of their potential customers.

Unless you want to pull a Tesla and do neither. But Lucid was wise to use this as a differentiator.

Like so many things in this forum, frustrations over the lack of CarPlay/Android Auto will fade into distant memory in a matter of a few weeks. Or maybe months at most…

I have a feeling until Google releases coolwalk we are going t be in holding pattern Jan some time maybe as the new format allows multi screen etc so it can be tailed to fit our screens better than existing aa but either way here is my take needs some more work need t o upgrade the cpu to a pi 3 or 4 running on a 2 with mods

here is a link to the vid

I will make a image file and parts list as soon as I have to working smoothly but it does work well Enjoy
Bugs voice response slow need better mic and need to upgrade to pi3

If anyone has a old 4 meg pi3 I would buy it

I have a feeling until Google releases coolwalk we are going t be in holding pattern Jan some time maybe as the new format allows multi screen etc so it can be tailed to fit our screens better than existing aa but either way here is my take needs some more work need t o upgrade the cpu to a pi 3 or 4 running on a 2 with mods

I will make a image file and parts list as soon as I have to working smoothly but it does work well Enjoy

I currently use my pi3 as a VPN server for the home, otherwise I'd sell it!

But that's a great solution at least temporarily. I'm very curious how you set that up

Congratulation! You just turned your Lucid Air into Polestar 2. 🤣

It’s great job integrating. I’m curious how you turn your steering wheel buttons into Android command.

it was not hard porting through blue tooth the speak channel needs work though need to upgrade the pi to slow it gets stupid

I currently use my pi3 as a VPN server for the home, otherwise I'd sell it!

But that's a great solution at least temporarily. I'm very curious how you set that up
i will give step by step when i have some time and i find a used pi3 needs the push i will also have a image file so it will be easy for anyone to do

And this will really tempt the other guys on the other side of the street I also have a carplay version running .... Need more cpu,
But I refuse to pay $190 for a raspberry pi that cost $60 so I'm looking for some used ones just the principle of the thing I don't want to pay scalpers... And it's only temporary until lucid gets their act together but I think they're really waiting on Google at the moment just my own feeling...... I already had one guy just message me offering money I'm not doing this for money I'm doing this for the joy.....

Last edited:
Back