Alexa woes

samirortho

Cars
Lucid Dream Air
I am unable to get simple directions with Alexa. It does not accurately identify my destination and takes several attempts to get a general direction. Furthermore, I cannot make a simple call from my contacts with Alexa. I have an iphone and when I try to make a call it cannot make the distinction of people with the same name. I feel this interface is difficult and clunky. It is difficult for me to make a call or get directions while driving. Does anyone have the same experience ? Lucid customer service although pleasant has been completely useless. After several phone calls one of the service reps was honest and said the engineering team was working on it. I have been an owner for three months and there has been little if any change in the interface. Given, the significant cost for a Dream Air addition one should be able to make a simple call or get navigation directions with voice activation

Are you on 1.2.1? Alexa made significant improvements for me in that release. It’s still not great (Siri and Google are way better voice assistants for vehicle use in my experience), but I’m not getting the types of issues you described anymore.

Where do I see my version of Alexa ?
I know that my car is up to date on updates. ?

Thank you

Sam

check the permissions for Alexa Assistant on the phone.
I have phone calls working ok - though haven't tried MESSAGES since I enabled access to contacts.

Specifically for calling / texting you need to ensure the app has access to contacts
on the phone... settings->communications->manage contacts->contact access / import contacts

Yes. The Alexa app. already had access to my contacts . So it's really an issue with Alexa itself. I think it's a very poor choice in its current state to access and make calls to my contacts. My Lucid updates are all up to date. It's too bad that this car cannot still make the basic functions such as verbally calling a contact or getting directions. They are years behind Teslas interface

Yes. The Alexa app. already had access to my contacts . So it's really an issue with Alexa itself. I think it's a very poor choice in its current state to access and make calls to my contacts. My Lucid updates are all up to date. It's too bad that this car cannot still make the basic functions such as verbally calling a contact or getting directions. They are years behind Teslas interface
Did you make sure that on the Alexa options it's enabled for both audio and phone? The other day mine was only connected to audio only and I disconnected and reconnected then the had both phone and audio enabled. Calling works like normal.

Back