Alexa - Massive cuts and huge loss in revenue

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
Frankly, this put a smile on my face as I’m a well pronounced anti-Alexa individual. Ignoring the faults of the technology itself, it would never survive the business model it was placed in for Amazon without doing fairly anti-consumer things. This does beg the question of how companies like Lucid will pivot and respond. It would be unwise not to.

Alexa seems rather entrenched for it to just go away

Pete

Frankly, this put a smile on my face as I’m a well pronounced anti-Alexa individual. Ignoring the faults of the technology itself, it would never survive the business model it was placed in for Amazon without doing fairly anti-consumer things. This does beg the question of how companies like Lucid will pivot and respond. It would be unwise not to.

Just more hearsay. This report reminds me a lot of the hit piece based on this board. Why even post this here?

Just more hearsay. This report reminds me a lot of the hit piece based on this board. Why even post this here?
Not much of a here say item, very easy to verify with any internal connections. Also, it’s a technology piece under the general board section lol. It is also the primary voice assistant for a few EVs like Lucid. All because you dont like something doesn’t make it irrelevant nor does it make being dismissive appropriate.

This same exact piece is floating around a few EV boards right now from relevance.

Not much of a here say item, very easy to verify with any internal connections. Also, it’s a technology piece under the general board section lol. It is also the primary voice assistant for a few EVs like Lucid. All because you dont like something doesn’t make it irrelevant nor does it make being dismissive appropriate.

This same exact piece is floating around a few EV boards right now from relevance.
I believe that I can be dismissive without your ok

Frankly, this put a smile on my face as I’m a well pronounced anti-Alexa individual.
anti alexa? or anti voice/AI assistants in general? wanted to get your insight as to why. i personally don't use any of these assistants just from a privacy standpoint.

I used Alexa mostly for games to amuse myself in long drive. She is good at games, but very poor listener of direction and addresses. That sounds just like what my wife said about me.

anti alexa? or anti voice/AI assistants in general? wanted to get your insight as to why. i personally don't use any of these assistants just from a privacy standpoint.
I am not anti voice assistant. I am primarily anti alexa for reasons tied to privacy and the company’s ethics, and non local processing of information alongside the chosen technology stack.

I am not anti voice assistant. I am primarily anti alexa for reasons tied to privacy and the company’s ethics, and non local processing of information alongside the chosen technology stack.
Google Assistant has been locally processed on phones since late 2019. Not sure about local processing implementation in AAOS/GAS. I could check it in my Volvo EV though.

Back