Alexa and texts

I have the same issue with my iPhone and a have an Alexa device. I just use Siri for texts through the car and call it a day!

I am having a problem using Alexa to send texts and was wondering if any of you have figured out the solution to the problem I am having . What happens is this - Alexa tells me that in order to send texts I must have SMS settings enabled. I have SMS settings enabled on the iMessages feature of my iPhone, I have all of the data sharing options selected on the Alexa car settings and I have tried sending texts with the Alexa app on my phone and deleted from my phone. I get the same error message every time. I called customer service and they told me no one had seen this problem and they didn’t really have any troubleshooting to offer. Has anyone solved this dilemma or even had it? Thanks for the help. Other than this, Alexa has worked relatively well for me.
I keep my iPhone in the charging pocket, when I want to voice text I drop my right hand to the phone and press the right button on the phone and it links the phone to the car speaker allowing me to announce commands to the phone such as placing a call or voice texting anyone in my contact list, unfortunately I haven't figured out how to listen to incoming messages via the car speakers.

While speaking to a service tech several weeks ago I was informed that Lucid had pirated an Apple engineer who is now on Lucid's team working to get Car Play integrated into our vehicles, one would think this would not be a terribly difficult task seeing that Car Play has been integrated into many brands for a number of years.
I have the same issue with my iPhone and a have an Alexa device. I just use Siri for texts through the car and call it a day!
Are you able to listen to your incoming texts with Siri?

I keep my iPhone in the charging pocket, when I want to voice text I drop my right hand to the phone and press the right button on the phone and it links the phone to the car speaker allowing me to announce commands to the phone such as placing a call or voice texting anyone in my contact list, unfortunately I haven't figured out how to listen to incoming messages via the car speakers.

While speaking to a service tech several weeks ago I was informed that Lucid had pirated an Apple engineer who is now on Lucid's team working to get Car Play integrated into our vehicles, one would think this would not be a terribly difficult task seeing that Car Play has been integrated into many brands for a number of years.

Are you able to listen to your incoming texts with Sirii?
i will have to try and get back to you. i don't use that function outside of driving so it's something i'm trying to integrate into my life.

I am having a problem using Alexa to send texts and was wondering if any of you have figured out the solution to the problem I am having . What happens is this - Alexa tells me that in order to send texts I must have SMS settings enabled. I have SMS settings enabled on the iMessages feature of my iPhone, I have all of the data sharing options selected on the Alexa car settings and I have tried sending texts with the Alexa app on my phone and deleted from my phone. I get the same error message every time. I called customer service and they told me no one had seen this problem and they didn’t really have any troubleshooting to offer. Has anyone solved this dilemma or even had it? Thanks for the help. Other than this, Alexa has worked relatively well for me.
I had the same problem with my android cell. However it was an easy fix. Just have to allow it in the settings on cell phone. Not sure though how that would be done on an apple.

Texting does work fine on my Pixel phone.

Back