air suspension adjustment--like a boat?

hank-iv

Active Member

Joined
Aug 14, 2025
Messages
142
Reaction score
208
Cars
2014 Leaf, 2018 Model 3
Can't find a prior mention, but when I change the height I feel the vehicle sort of shimmy up or down. First the front will move then the back, or so it seems. With the HUD on, I can see it moving up and down relative to a fixed point in front of me. Doesn't bother me, but just want to make sure that is how it is supposed to work.
 
Can't find a prior mention, but when I change the height I feel the vehicle sort of shimmy up or down. First the front will move then the back, or so it seems. With the HUD on, I can see it moving up and down relative to a fixed point in front of me. Doesn't bother me, but just want to make sure that is how it is supposed to work.
Yep, it inches upwards and downwards, I think one step at a time (e.g., if you go from lowest to highest it worms its way there).
 
Yeah, I noticed this yesterday when I gave my 3 week old Gravity its first bath. I used phone app to drop it to lowest setting to help being able to reach center of roof.

One thing I noticed, when I got in car afterward to drive somewhere, I tried to raise back to standard via car screen but it would not let me. As soon as I put in drive it raised back to standard.
 
Can't find a prior mention, but when I change the height I feel the vehicle sort of shimmy up or down. First the front will move then the back, or so it seems. With the HUD on, I can see it moving up and down relative to a fixed point in front of me. Doesn't bother me, but just want to make sure that is how it is supposed to work.
that's typical for air suspensions. all is well.
 
Fortunately like a boat and not a jet ski, considering the 6000 lbs. of weight and the probable high cost of those suspension parts.
Also, there would be posts about sea sickness.
 
Back
Top