Air conditioner does not blow cold after a fast charge

DreamTour

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
SU5XF4DI
Hi all, I have been able to reproduce an issue where after a fast charging session the air conditioner no longer blows cold. I don’t even hear a compressor spinning up.

Has anyone encountered this issue? It only seems to go away after enough time post fast charge. The valet key reset did not appear to help.

It's been like this since the beginning where all the cooling is being directed towards cooling your battery down. The more you drive after a DC FC sessions the quicker your batteries cool the faster you can get cooled down. Lucid prioritizes the battery pack over the occupants.

Seems like a tough sell if you are driving somewhere hot and then need to fast charge in the middle. Seems like they should use more shore power to cool the battery after the session is done? Is was getting warm in the car even with it being 67 degrees outside. Can't imagine what its like if its 100 degrees after a fast charge.

Seems like a tough sell if you are driving somewhere hot and then need to fast charge in the middle. Seems like they should use more shore power to cool the battery after the session is done? Is was getting warm in the car even with it being 67 degrees outside. Can't imagine what its like if its 100 degrees after a fast charge.
I mean, I keep the air running while charging, just to counteract this

It's been like this since the beginning where all the cooling is being directed towards cooling your battery down. The more you drive after a DC FC sessions the quicker your batteries cool the faster you can get cooled down. Lucid prioritizes the battery pack over the occupants.
Correct … my Model S has the same behavior.

Do you know if this is a software thing or the radiators can only reject so much heat? Seems like the fans on the car can really crank during fast charge and i don't hear it after the charge is done. Seems like it can be refined in software.

Will try keeping cabin conditioning on next time to see if it helps.

Correct … my Model S has the same behavior.
I had a 90d before the lucid i don't remember ever having a warm cabin post fast charge. Just kept the a/c cranking even on a hot day at the charger. What MY is your MS?

Maybe the glass canopy has something to do with it.

I had a 90d before the lucid i don't remember ever having a warm cabin post fast charge. Just kept the a/c cranking even on a hot day at the charger. What MY is your MS?

Maybe the glass canopy has something to do with it.
I have an 18 75D, I too keep the AC on while I SC, as I tend to sit in the vehicle. My AC issue would happen after sitting in the hot sun at work during those 100+ days. AC would start out blowing cool air, then warm air for about 5 min while I presume the battery got to optimum temp

Back