AGT stops charging at 264 miles

Try setting your limit to something other than 80, maybe 85 and see what happens.
I think he's using the mobile charger, so are you suggesting setting it back from 40 to say 35 or 30?
 
I think he's using the mobile charger, so are you suggesting setting it back from 40 to say 35 or 30?
No I mean the charge limit. It looks like he has it set at 80% but it's stopping earlier. Perhaps it needs some fiddling to reset that figure. But your idea of changing the amperage could help too.
 
I started to charge the car from 70% until 80%. I am using my mobile charger and the amperage at the car was set to 40 A.
It stopped 3 times which I had to restart to continue charging. All of them happened at the beginning of the charging. After multiple override and reaching to 72% the car charged to 80% with no issues.
Now I am charging from
80 to 85% and I reduced the amperage at the car settings to 36A. Lets see
 
I started to charge the car from 70% until 80%. I am using my mobile charger and the amperage at the car was set to 40 A.
It stopped 3 times which I had to restart to continue charging. All of them happened at the beginning of the charging. After multiple override and reaching to 72% the car charged to 80% with no issues.
Now I am charging from
80 to 85% and I reduced the amperage at the car settings to 36A. Lets see
Update: it stopped one time at 81%. After that it completed charging with no issue
 
Update: it stopped one time at 81%. After that it completed charging with no issue
OK now go drive it for a while and then set it to something you've never said it to before, like 82. And charge it.
 
I am closely following this thread, as I started it, and to date, it hasn’t been solved. While we have a scheduled service visit, I am fearful of the same outcome as phantomias..
Today, I tried what you suggested, plugged car in, it started charging, I stopped it, reset charge limit to 91%( long trip planned for Friday), as photos will show, 6 restarts, and now charging the longest time so far. The frustration is overwhelming…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2183.webp
    IMG_2183.webp
    72.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2184.webp
    IMG_2184.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2185.webp
    IMG_2185.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2187.webp
    IMG_2187.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2188.webp
    IMG_2188.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2189.webp
    IMG_2189.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 82
I am closely following this thread, as I started it, and to date, it hasn’t been solved. While we have a scheduled service visit, I am fearful of the same outcome as phantomias..
Today, I tried what you suggested, plugged car in, it started charging, I stopped it, reset charge limit to 91%( long trip planned for Friday), as photos will show, 6 restarts, and now charging the longest time so far. The frustration is overwhelming…
Have you tried the same car on a different charger?
 
Have you tried the same car on a different charger?
When service tech came, after trying everything here, and the start stops, he swapped out the charger that day.
 
When service tech came, after trying everything here, and the start stops, he swapped out the charger that day.
No I mean a different charger at a different location. To rule out the possibility of a problem with your breaker, wiring, etc.
 
No I mean a different charger at a different location. To rule out the possibility of a problem with your breaker, wiring, etc.
Right, but we had the lucid suggested electrician out here and he said all was good. He spoke to Lucid Service. Plus the lucid tech was able to charge his vehicle without trouble here.
When we tried charging our car at friend’s house, it limped along ( never got to 40), we only tried a few minutes though.
I’ve read about something called the wonderbox… I wonder…
 
Right, but we had the lucid suggested electrician out here and he said all was good. He spoke to Lucid Service. Plus the lucid tech was able to charge his vehicle without trouble here.
When we tried charging our car at friend’s house, it limped along ( never got to 40), we only tried a few minutes though.
I’ve read about something called the wonderbox… I wonder…
OK, I just wasn't sure if you had performed those tests. I think you are referring to the Wunderbox. Since it seems they had your car for a very long time and yet it still has the same problem, I would escalate. I wouldn't move to threats yet, but I would let them know that you are amenable to a buyback if the problem can't be solved.
 
OK, I just wasn't sure if you had performed those tests. I think you are referring to the Wunderbox. Since it seems they had your car for a very long time and yet it still has the same problem, I would escalate. I wouldn't move to threats yet, but I would let them know that you are amenable to a buyback if the problem can't be solved.
It wasn’t my car they had. It was phatomias… I’m going in next week, but am worried, since their problem wasn’t fixed. For now, I have ample documentation and correspondence. Do appreciate all the troubleshooting and time. We really like the car, and this community!
 
[…]
5. Went to another friend’s house, using our charger, their 240 plug, guess what, fine.
So we think it’s our home, but no idea why. Newer house, 6 yo.
Will of course enlist an electrician, but don’t know how to find someone who knows Lucids and charging.
This is the smoking gun. The only difference between the charging working and not working is your house. Regardless of what the electrician says, it’s some interaction with your house wiring. The evidence does not point to the vehicle nor the charger being the cause of the problem.

Maybe some appliance switched on while charging causing a minor disruption to the power grid. However, that’s just another unsubstantiated hypothesis.

You’d need to tap into the outlet and monitor the AC power waveform being delivered out of the socket with an oscilloscope - one that can record. Dirty power can mess with electronics. I don’t know if electricians have the necessary equipment to measure dirty power.
 
Last edited:
Hi Wannabee,
Updates from my end: Today I tested at my house by using first version original mobile charger and with second version which was put on market later. At both mobile chargers, charging stopped in total 7 times. (Charging started from 60% until 78%)
At the car’s control panel the I had set up current limiter to 36A/40A. No scheduled charging is setup

When the charging stopped at the first version of mobile charger, that number did not change. However when I tried with the new version charger and set the same limiter, car showed one time 18A/40A and one time 10A/40A when charging stopped .

As a next test, i will try to charge my car at my friends house using both mobile chargers.

(I would wish to have a friend who owns a Lucid and try to charge his car at my house too. That would be another test)

Note: my 14-50 NEMA receptacle brand is Hubbell HBL9450A (with EV rate sign)
 
Last edited:
Hi Wannabee,
Updates from my end: Today I tested at my house by using first version original mobile charger and with second version which was put on market later. At both mobile chargers, charging stopped in total 7 times. (Charging started from 60% until 78%)
At the car’s control panel the I had set up current limiter to 36A/40A. No scheduled charging is setup

When the charging stopped at the first version of mobile charger, that number did not change. However when I tried with the new version charger and set the same limiter, car showed one time 18A/40A and one time 10A/40A when charging stopped .

As a next test, i will try to charge my car at my friends house using both mobile chargers.

(I would wish to have a friend who owns a Lucid and try to charge his car at my house too. That would be another test)

Note: my 14-50 NEMA receptacle brand is Hubbell HBL9450A (with EV rate sign)
Thanks for the update. When the Lucid tech came to my house, he charged his car on the 120 ( which also failed for our car) without issue. IDon’t know if you have access to have them send a tech to your house? . I tried to find another Lucid owner in my area for that exact reason. I’ve now started screen capturing every start, stop, and it always completes following #6 restart. I never have any red flashing on my charger, always blinking white. I only hope that my service visit finds something.
 
Hi Wannabee,
If you did not give your car to your service yet, is it possible that you can try below steps for your charging of your car and share your observation?

- Set up Amperage limiter at your car to a low amount (I did to 30A) (e.g 30A/40A)
- Start charging it with your mobile charger (I tested this with second version of mobile charger)
- If you do not see any stop at the charge at the first 5-7 miles of charge, (or after 10 minutes )increase the limiter at the car to 36A/40A during charging session
 
Last edited:
Back
Top