• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

AGT Delivery Today

Tagilroy

Picked up AGT at Scottsdale service center this afternoon. Was helpful to have delivery checklist provided on this site. Must admit I did not go over it as minutely as might have been possible. Will take closer look in the morning at my leisure in my driveway. That said, I did not find any flaws in the vehicle in my inspection.

First thoughts:

1. Vehicle drives very nicely. Some challenges in figuring how some things work as I drove home. Example - during service center orientation, the rear window sun shade was raised. Driving home, I found that it obstructed vision somewhat. At a stop I thought I would lower. Took a while to figure out how to accomplish. That was my problem. But what was irritating was that the online (app) user manual does not seem to have a search function. Or am I missing something?

2. Trip home was in early rush hour traffic, so I was limited in on the interstate, but the acceleration was impressive. Did find that in the one stop I made that I was doing 30 mph in a parking lot. And as I was at a stop light, I got a honk and a thumbs up from an adjacent vehicle.

3. Delivery was handled by a person other than my delivery advisor. Very pleasant, and very cordial. But about 30 minutes into the process something prompted me to ask him how long he had been part of the Lucid team. Was disheartened when he indicated it was just over three weeks. As we worked up to me driving off the lot, I asked about my delivery advisor, who came out for a hand shake and wished me good luck. The gentleman handling delivery was able to answer all my questions, but two of them required consultation with others.

4. I needed a lift to get to Scottsdale (irksome since I live 45 miles from Scottsdale and less than 5 miles from the factory in Casa Grande). Lucid did arrange transportation via Lyft, which worked well. Lyft showed up about 10 minutes early and got me to Scottsdale about 25 minutes before my appointment. In spite of early arrival, the delivery process began immediately.

5. As I suspected/feared, the Santa Cruz interior is visually appealing but the carpet will definitely be an upkeep challenge. Have ordered a set of floor mats in the Graphite color (they thought they had a set in stock, but their computer was not correct on that count).

6. Homelink setup with my garage door opener went well.

7. Connected to my recently installed Lucid Home Charging Station upon arrival in my garage. Would not have done it (battery was still at 78%) but I wanted to verify operation. It worked well and will hopefully continue to do so in the future. Have to hope that Lucid will provide insight regarding the bi-directional function sometime in 2023.

8. Was somewhat intrigued that in spite of the admonitions in the delivery instructions, I was not asked for drivers license or insurance ID card.

All in all, it was not a perfect delivery, but definitely not a strike out.

More to follow, as I put some miles on the car!

Congratulations! At my car's delivery, for reasons of time efficiency I basically only looked for obvious cosmetic issues (there were none other than a somewhat misaligned charge port door). I figured that I'd find a few bugs as time went by and then take the car to a service center to have them all addressed at once. But so far haven't found anything :) . Software still needs work and has been improving at a good pace by OTA.

Picked up AGT at Scottsdale service center this afternoon. Was helpful to have delivery checklist provided on this site. Must admit I did not go over it as minutely as might have been possible. Will take closer look in the morning at my leisure in my driveway. That said, I did not find any flaws in the vehicle in my inspection.

First thoughts:

1. Vehicle drives very nicely. Some challenges in figuring how some things work as I drove home. Example - during service center orientation, the rear window sun shade was raised. Driving home, I found that it obstructed vision somewhat. At a stop I thought I would lower. Took a while to figure out how to accomplish. That was my problem. But what was irritating was that the online (app) user manual does not seem to have a search function. Or am I missing something?

2. Trip home was in early rush hour traffic, so I was limited in on the interstate, but the acceleration was impressive. Did find that in the one stop I made that I was doing 30 mph in a parking lot. And as I was at a stop light, I got a honk and a thumbs up from an adjacent vehicle.

3. Delivery was handled by a person other than my delivery advisor. Very pleasant, and very cordial. But about 30 minutes into the process something prompted me to ask him how long he had been part of the Lucid team. Was disheartened when he indicated it was just over three weeks. As we worked up to me driving off the lot, I asked about my delivery advisor, who came out for a hand shake and wished me good luck. The gentleman handling delivery was able to answer all my questions, but two of them required consultation with others.

4. I needed a lift to get to Scottsdale (irksome since I live 45 miles from Scottsdale and less than 5 miles from the factory in Casa Grande). Lucid did arrange transportation via Lyft, which worked well. Lyft showed up about 10 minutes early and got me to Scottsdale about 25 minutes before my appointment. In spite of early arrival, the delivery process began immediately.

5. As I suspected/feared, the Santa Cruz interior is visually appealing but the carpet will definitely be an upkeep challenge. Have ordered a set of floor mats in the Graphite color (they thought they had a set in stock, but their computer was not correct on that count).

6. Homelink setup with my garage door opener went well.

7. Connected to my recently installed Lucid Home Charging Station upon arrival in my garage. Would not have done it (battery was still at 78%) but I wanted to verify operation. It worked well and will hopefully continue to do so in the future. Have to hope that Lucid will provide insight regarding the bi-directional function sometime in 2023.

8. Was somewhat intrigued that in spite of the admonitions in the delivery instructions, I was not asked for drivers license or insurance ID card.

All in all, it was not a perfect delivery, but definitely not a strike out.

More to follow, as I put some miles on the car!
Congrats on your purchase. Question. How many amps do you have your Lucid charger running from your fuse box?

Congrats on your purchase. Question. How many amps do you have your Lucid charger running from your fuse box?
At this point, it is set at the maximum 80 amps. It is on a 100 amp circuit. I suppose I will have to experiment in the future. I have lots of solar panels that generate excess KW during the winter months when AC is not required. They charge two Tesla Powerwalls and then offload to the utility. Arizona power rates are much higher from noon to 7 pm even in the winter. Will have to figure out when best to charge Lucid. Regret that for now such decisions will require manual start. Can't believe that the option of scheduled charging is not available!

Congratulations! At my car's delivery, for reasons of time efficiency I basically only looked for obvious cosmetic issues (there were none other than a somewhat misaligned charge port door). I figured that I'd find a few bugs as time went by and then take the car to a service center to have them all addressed at once. But so far haven't found anything :) . Software still needs work and has been improving at a good pace by OTA.
One of the questions my delivery guy (substitute for delivery advisor) was unable to answer related to current installed software. Told me it was the latest version available. When I asked what was that, he said he did not know. That was what prompted me to ask how long he was a part of the Lucid team. He never did answer the question. When he exited vehicle to get a water for me, I found it on the "about" screen, where it was reported as 2.0.35.

Appreciate the feedback. My sense was the same, that I would do the best job of reviewing in my driveway and getting them addressed in return visit to service center. Exterior looked great to me, but I definitely did not inspect with flashlight and magnifying glass.

What drawbacks have you found with software? Were any alleviated with 2.0.35?

2.0.35 is the latest. It has a few minor issues (see the software threads) but in general works well enough for now. Lately we've been receiving about one OTA update per week. I'm sure this will slow a bit over the next couple holiday weeks but the pace has been quite good IMO.

At this point, it is set at the maximum 80 amps. It is on a 100 amp circuit. I suppose I will have to experiment in the future. I have lots of solar panels that generate excess KW during the winter months when AC is not required. They charge two Tesla Powerwalls and then offload to the utility. Arizona power rates are much higher from noon to 7 pm even in the winter. Will have to figure out when best to charge Lucid. Regret that for now such decisions will require manual start. Can't believe that the option of scheduled charging is not available!
I currently have a Tesla wall charger on a 60 amp circuit. I am getting about 39 miles/hr on a charge. What are you getting miles/hr on your current setup?
I am in the process of getting my solar panels installed hopefully by the end year or early January. Just working on getting the city permits approved 😊.

I currently have a Tesla wall charger on a 60 amp circuit. I am getting about 39 miles/hr on a charge. What are you getting miles/hr on your current setup?
I am in the process of getting my solar panels installed hopefully by the end year or early January. Just working on getting the city permits approved 😊.
Charging "Miles per hour" depends on your driving efficiency. Power is more comparable- 19kW on a 100 amp breaker, 11kW on a 60 amp breaker. 1.6x faster charging on a 100 amp breaker than 60 amp.

Back