After one month, a few issues, sharing here

Tqlucid

Cars
M5, x5, 330 touring, air
About one month is, already 2k miles.

Overall love the car. Its a 2024 pure rwd with stealth package.

Car handles amazing, is super smooth at the same time. Love the looks, gets tons of stares and thumbs up everywhere I go. Headlights are amazing and light up the road. Car always locks and unlocks perfectly with iPhone or the key. I’ve never had any issues with this as others. Overall, I love it.

My issues:
1. Apple car play - agree with others on this. The screen size sucks! Lucid please allow us to put this on the lower big screen asap. The wasted space up top due to the angle size of the screen is just stupid. Just make that screen square up top and use all the space!

2. Driver side door has been off alignment slightly from day 1. Noticed it when I got home. Sint have time to bring it in but will eventually.

3. Doors do not always close smoothly and require a second attempt to close, mainly from the outside. Very annoying. Also when opening the door, it feels weird. It’s like you are prying it open and isn’t smooth like any other car on the road these days.

4. At highway speeds, when you have no audio on , you notice a slight humming noise. It’s very annoying. No idea what the heck it is from. It’s a high pitched noise and slight but once you notice it, you can’t unhear it!

5. Cross traffic alert is annoying. When you are coming out of any parking lot and looking to turn onto a busy road. It goes off nonstop. Perpendicular turn onto main road

6. The front of the car attracts more bugs that any car! It gets dirty real quick and filled with bugs.

7. Standard Audio system is ok. Not up to par with a car of this price range.

8. I don’t like the fabric in the dash and doors, I think it looks and feels cheap.

9. Range is no way near the epa. I get 320 miles on a full charge. I have the 20 in stealth wheels and took of the covers and replaced with the lucid wheel kit. Still, not bad but was hoping for more. I’m averaging 3.5kwh, usually at 80 on highway.

10. Ambient lighting inside is bad. There is virtually none and it’s not bright at all. Circa 2010 here. I’m used to new bmw ambient lighting, which I love.

11. Sometimes regen is off and it tells me so. This is usually at 70-80% charge. Not full charge. I would expect it not to turn off at that charge level but it has on occasion.

12. Passenger side seat heater refused to turn on tonight at low speed. On highway it turned on by itself (delayed 10 min reaction). WTH?!

All minor issues and I’m ok with them. Just sharing my experiences. Again, overall I’m happy with the car and look forward to driving it every time.

Many of these have discussions on the forum if you want to search for more information, but just briefly addressing some of them:
My issues:
1. Apple car play - agree with others on this. The screen size sucks! Lucid please allow us to put this on the lower big screen asap. The wasted space up top due to the angle size of the screen is just stupid. Just make that screen square up top and use all the space!
Apple has very strict requirements for auto makers to be able to use CarPlay. It has to be higher up than the pilot panel to keep your eyes closer to the road. I think it also technically has to be a rectangle right now. There's nothing Lucid can really do there until they start working on CarPlay 2.0, which requires working with Apple and still hasn't been deployed in any car.
2. Driver side door has been off alignment slightly from day 1. Noticed it when I got home. Sint have time to bring it in but will eventually.
Share pictures? Bobby has a DIY solution for a certain type of door issue which just involves adjusting the strikers. Search the forum for more on that.
3. Doors do not always close smoothly and require a second attempt to close, mainly from the outside. Very annoying. Also when opening the door, it feels weird. It’s like you are prying it open and isn’t smooth like any other car on the road these days.
I have only opened/closed doors on a Pure (without soft close) a couple of times, but I don't recall it being that different from any other car? I think it sounds likely this is another result of your misalignment.
4. At highway speeds, when you have no audio on , you notice a slight humming noise. It’s very annoying. No idea what the heck it is from. It’s a high pitched noise and slight but once you notice it, you can’t unhear it!
Record it if possible. I know there have been some reports of a whistle from the side mirror at highway speeds, and there have been issues with various air seals just needing to be fixed down better to avoid flapping around at highway speeds.
5. Cross traffic alert is annoying. When you are coming out of any parking lot and looking to turn onto a busy road. It goes off nonstop. Perpendicular turn onto main road
This is one of those things that makes me talk to my car. "Shush, it'll be okay, car" I tell it. Makes me feel better anyway.
9. Range is no way near the epa. I get 320 miles on a full charge. I have the 20 in stealth wheels and took of the covers and replaced with the lucid wheel kit. Still, not bad but was hoping for more. I’m averaging 3.5kwh, usually at 80 on highway.
Range matches EPA if you drive like an EPA test... blame the EPA for not having a very clear (to the public) or useful test. 3.5 sounds reasonable for 80mph to me.
10. Ambient lighting inside is bad. There is virtually none and it’s not bright at all. Circa 2010 here. I’m used to new bmw ambient lighting, which I love.
The Pure has less ambient lighting than other trims, but yeah, BMW has party lights, Lucid has mood lights. The Gravity's lighting can be much brighter, I wouldn't be surprised if a future Air refresh has brighter lighting as well. Doesn't bother me at all personally, I'd probably turn them down if they were brighter.
11. Sometimes regen is off and it tells me so. This is usually at 70-80% charge. Not full charge. I would expect it not to turn off at that charge level but it has on occasion.
Other conditions can affect that, especially battery temperature. But generally speaking if it's not very cold out, I never feel reduced regen at/below 80%. If that's happening regularly and in "normal" conditions, I'd ask service.
12. Passenger side seat heater refused to turn on tonight at low speed. On highway it turned on by itself (delayed 10 min reaction). WTH?!
Never heard of such an issue. Try a logo reset for good measure, then if it happens again I'd contact service. Unique issues like that smell of hardware failure somewhere. Maybe even just a loose cable.

Thanks for the in depth reply. Agree on all your comments. Again, overall love the car and am happy with it!

Back