Adaptive cruise maximum control broken by 2.4?

johnjbarton

Reaction score
Lucid's adaptive cruise control is one of our favorite features. However after 2.4 it no longer works well. The flip button on the left side of the steering wheel used to push up the max speed. One push gave one mph. Long push gave 5. Now we can't predict what it will do 🤷‍♂️. Sometimes it does nothing. Sometimes it increases by one. Sometimes it goes backwards! Very frustrating.
Has anyone else experienced this? We are not on HA mode.

Have had no speed adjustment issues. That said, I grip the toggle in a very specific way to ensure that I can twist it up or down rather than accidentally press it in. The angle at which my hand meets the switch means that attempts to push the switch 'up' can easily result in it being pressed 'in' instead.

HA/AC recognizes changes in speed limits and offers a function where the target speed can be reset to the posted speed limit (even incorrectly interpreted versions of the speed limit, such as 25mph limits in 40mph zones that aren't active outside of school hours) by pressing the toggle in. If you're seeing the target speed making a large change, that might be what's happening. To rule that out, try some tests where you grip the toggle with your index and thumb (I put the thumb underneath the part that sticks out towards the drive, and the index finger above it...so I'm not actually using the 'ledge' on the toggle at all, ensuring the only force I'm exerting is a twisting moment).

Setting the target speed is the only part I truly dislike in the interface...I'm going through odd gymnastics and holding the toggle in non-standard ways because the resistance and feel is otherwise all wrong. It's also a tad laggy imo.

Yes, I experienced the same thing. Logo reset did not work but after an overnight sleep reset, it started working again.

For me 2.4.4 did not have an issue. I spent several hours using it the other day increasing and decreasing the speed max (trying to get lane change assist to work). I just installed 2.4.10 this morning and haven't attempted it again what version are you running?

For me 2.4.4 did not have an issue. I spent several hours using it the other day increasing and decreasing the speed max (trying to get lane change assist to work). I just installed 2.4.10 this morning and haven't attempted it again what version are you running?

Have had no speed adjustment issues. That said, I grip the toggle in a very specific way to ensure that I can twist it up or down rather than accidentally press it in. The angle at which my hand meets the switch means that attempts to push the switch 'up' can easily result in it being pressed 'in' instead.

HA/AC recognizes changes in speed limits and offers a function where the target speed can be reset to the posted speed limit (even incorrectly interpreted versions of the speed limit, such as 25mph limits in 40mph zones that aren't active outside of school hours) by pressing the toggle in. If you're seeing the target speed making a large change, that might be what's happening. To rule that out, try some tests where you grip the toggle with your index and thumb (I put the thumb underneath the part that sticks out towards the drive, and the index finger above it...so I'm not actually using the 'ledge' on the toggle at all, ensuring the only force I'm exerting is a twisting moment).

Setting the target speed is the only part I truly dislike in the interface...I'm going through odd gymnastics and holding the toggle in non-standard ways because the resistance and feel is otherwise all wrong. It's also a tad laggy imo.
The lag is frustrating on both dials.

Lucid's adaptive cruise control is one of our favorite features. However after 2.4 it no longer works well. The flip button on the left side of the steering wheel used to push up the max speed. One push gave one mph. Long push gave 5. Now we can't predict what it will do 🤷‍♂️. Sometimes it does nothing. Sometimes it increases by one. Sometimes it goes backwards! Very frustrating.
Has anyone else experienced this? We are not on HA mode.
Haven’t seen this. Is this the case for volume as well? This sounds to me like hardware, but I’m not sure.

The lag is frustrating on both dials.
Frustrating and unfortunately permanent. Or so I've been told by little birdies many months ago.

Back