Adapter

I just traveled about half your trip from NC to southern Maine. I was shocked that all my EA charging for the entire round trip was uneventful. Every station worked, and delivered the request power, or max power for the station. I stayed at a Tru by Hilton that had two J1772 6kw plugs. I’m not sure if that is standard equipment for those hotels.
Good and encouraging news about the EA chargers along the route...inoperable chargers a very big concern for me. And thanks for the tip about Tru Hilton hotel, I'm about to do a search for hotels along the way that offer (working!) chargers. Where was the hotel where you stayed?

Yes, heavier internal conductors or connections. I've heard that the Lightning version meets UL temperature rise specs when charging for more than 3 hours at 125% of rated current. I assume from this that the non-lightning version does not. But I do not have any facts to back this up.
So, if I'm hearing you correctly, it sounds like you are saying that this adapter is more... (wait for it)... *ROBUST*!!!

So, if I'm hearing you correctly, it sounds like you are saying that this adapter is more... (wait for it)... *ROBUST*!!!
Exactly! 😄

At a Tesla destination charger, it's no issue - I use TeslaTap but there are plenty of fine options.

At a supercharger, it will not work and you shouldn't try it. Others have.
Got that message loud and clear… Thanks!

Good and encouraging news about the EA chargers along the route...inoperable chargers a very big concern for me. And thanks for the tip about Tru Hilton hotel, I'm about to do a search for hotels along the way that offer (working!) chargers. Where was the hotel where you stayed?
I was at the Tru located in Capel Hill NC. It’s probably too far west of I95 for you.

For EA stations, i had good experience at the below.
Richmond, VA
New castle,DE
Orangeburg,NY
Tewksbury,MA

Don’t plan the Scarborough,ME EA station into your trip. It’s a train wreck. It must be a contender for worst station in the country.

From what I was told, the Lightning version was made for the Ford Lightning owners and supposed to be able to do a sustained max rate for longer. I bought one because I found a discount code for a group buy on the Lightning forums that made it cheaper.....

Back