Accelerator Pedal stiffness

So Bobby tell us what wheel size you went with? I'm thinking of buying a set of 21" just because they look so cool (not for driving on though ... I live in PA)

I hadn't noticed the pedal pressure at all ??? Also, I have never been out of "Smooth" mode. I don't know why anyone would imagine they need more...I'm already scared in Smooth mode. I have not "floored" it...or even close. I do not see the need. The car is so quick I don't have time to enjoy the acceleration. But now you people have ruined it for me...I know I'm going to be "trying to feel if it's too much".
Please do not direct my attention to such trivia. I'm still trying to learn the sequence of presses to open the funk that doesn't set off the alarm.

RE: Don't we think that in a couple of years we will be able to plug our laptops into the cars and change settings? I mean, I did this on a 2006 Volvo ... how hard can it be ? ( the Horror .... the Horror ... ). There must be Lucid software engineers driving around in their Lucids with "not factory issue" programing. I mean, that's the first thing I would do ... I like to know how things work.
I went with the 21s.

Definitely test drove the car, but they only let you test drive for 15 mins and its very hard to gauge everything about the car in the limited allotted time. And 15 minutes is not nearly enough, especially when they spend 5 minutes just talking about the infotainment system out of your 15 minutes.

Not to mention, the Lucid Studio people are very uneducated on the product they are selling. I was talking about horsepower differences with one of the folks there and he was trying to educate me how the wheel size impacts the horsepower. That's how you know the sales guy is in the wrong industry!! 😅

Some of the quirks are realized after ownership of the car and some even way after few years into your ownership experience!
And the issue I had was that highway driving was not permitted. Since quietness at highway speeds is high on my priorities list, the test drive did little to answer this question. Coming from an i4 with zero wind noise or road noise intrusion at 75mph, it would be nice for me to see how the Lucid compares.

And the issue I had was that highway driving was not permitted. Since quietness at highway speeds is high on my priorities list, the test drive did little to answer this question. Coming from an i4 with zero wind noise or road noise intrusion at 75mph, it would be nice for me to see how the Lucid compares.
There's very slight road noise but not nearly as bad as Tesla. I am also driving on summer tires so it's a low profile tire. I do have an iX, and the iX is super quiet. It's so quiet its scary. I wonder how lucid will sound with all seasons.

There's very slight road noise but not nearly as bad as Tesla. I am also driving on summer tires so it's a low profile tire. I do have an iX, and the iX is super quiet. It's so quiet its scary. I wonder how lucid will sound with all seasons.
It’s amazing how quiet BMW has made their new EVs. With the i4 I was initially concerned about the frameless windows and its impact on cabin noise, but it has had no impact whatsoever. Glad to hear the iX is no different.

I’m hoping Lucid will change their test drive policy in my area, especially considering the meet point for these test drives is about 100 yards from the Long Island Expressway! Crazy.

It’s amazing how quiet BMW has made their new EVs. With the i4 I was initially concerned about the frameless windows and its impact on cabin noise, but it has had no impact whatsoever. Glad to hear the iX is no different.

I’m hoping Lucid will change their test drive policy in my area, especially considering the meet point for these test drives is about 100 yards from the Long Island Expressway! Crazy.
Roger that---two test drives and never allowed on a road rated higher than 50 mph...the performance sizzle for me is acceleration, driving dynamics, etc. Good to have a lot of input from people here...but some time soon (?) I'll get the call to wire $110k for a car I've never seen (color/interior) and never driven on a highway. A first, if I do buy...

Not suggesting anyone feel sorry---just that it looks like a daunting sales/marketing challenge for Lucid....My Touring has been so delayed that I'll get to see the Feb earnings (esp sales backlog) before I have to pull the trigger .

I hope the arrows are pointing UP!

Roger that---two test drives and never allowed on a road rated higher than 50 mph...the performance sizzle for me is acceleration, driving dynamics, etc. Good to have a lot of input from people here...but some time soon (?) I'll get the call to wire $110k for a car I've never seen (color/interior) and never driven on a highway. A first, if I do buy...

Not suggesting anyone feel sorry---just that it looks like a daunting sales/marketing challenge for Lucid....My Touring has been so delayed that I'll get to see the Feb earnings (esp sales backlog) before I have to pull the trigger .

I hope the arrows are pointing UP!
Lucid slightly got better, because initially test drives were not offered to anyone unless you had reserved one of the higher trims (DE or AGT).

I am not kidding, but in mid 2022, I asked to test drive a Lucid and they told me that since you did not reserve a Dream Edition or Grand Touring you cannot test drive with us. We don't want you to get the impression of driving a higher trim car vs. what you will be actually buying. However, you can upgrade your reservation to AGT to test drive and revert back. I was very close to cancelling my reservation, but did not.

Looking back, I am happy with my purchase. But yes, you can expect some road noise at highway speeds and motor re-gen noise at City speeds. When the motor re-gens, it's pretty obvious. The iX is much quieter on that end. If I am not mistaken, I think one of the popular review magazines did a road noise test and the iX was the quietest EV vehicle they have tested to date. It was like 63 dB at 75 mph or something notoriously low. But I have high performance summer tires as well so not the best comparison as the other two vehicles (BMW and Teslas) were equipped with all seasons.

I'd say Lucid is between BMW and Tesla on road noise metrics. But the fun factor of driving it makes you forget about the quirks of the car. There is no such thing as the perfect car, but Lucid does come close! Keep hanging in there and the wait will be well worth it. It's a really fun car and is an absolute sleeper! (I just have a Touring, IDK how the higher trims such as DE, AGT compare to my observations)

...I wonder how lucid will sound with all seasons.
My AGT on 19" all-seasons is very quiet overall. Just has a little motor whine at low speeds, and some wind noise around the side view mirror at high speeds. Much quieter than our other recent vehicles.

So far this is the worst pedal feel from what I’ve driven. There is barely any power 12-15% into pedal travel and then it’s really hard and finally around 40% is when you start to feel any noticeable response. Pair that up with the smooth mode default and it just is unpleasant.

So far this is the worst pedal feel from what I’ve driven. There is barely any power 12-15% into pedal travel and then it’s really hard and finally around 40% is when you start to feel any noticeable response. Pair that up with the smooth mode default and it just is unpleasant.
Did you not feel that during a test drive or do you feel your car is worse?

I’m making a note to myself to check that out on my 2nd test drive. I didn’t notice it on the first drive.

Either something is wrong with your car or we have very different ideas about what is unpleasant. The accelerator pedal feel response on my Touring feels perfectly fine in all modes. I actually like the slow early response for driving in congested areas and comfort for passengers, both in this car and my previous MB.

The brake feel, on the other hand, is…acceptable but mushy. Glad to rarely have to use it.

There are some posts on this thread that conflate throttle responsiveness with pedal stiffness. They are actually separate things.

We have a Tesla Model S Plaid (which replaced a Tesla Model S P90D) and a Honda Odyssey, and I've owned an array of cars over the years -- everything from econoboxes to Mazda Wankels to luxury German sedans and AMGs, to V8 and V10 Audi R8s . . . and I have never had any trouble adjusting to what happens at the right foot.

While I feel the subtle change in throttle response that comes with each driving mode in the Lucid -- a desirable feature, in my view -- I find nothing odd about the stiffness of the Lucid accelerator pedal. In fact, I have noticed no difference between it and our Teslas.

I'm wondering how much of this discussion actually arises from the very different torque curves of EVs compared to ICE vehicles. The torque comes on at a different point in a different way, and that's going to be felt in accelerator modulation. i glory in the prodigious low-end torque of the Lucid and its rapid response to throttle inputs throughout the curve. The last thing I would want is for it to feel like an ICE pedal.

Back