ACC - Failure brake approaching stopped traffic

ZenTahoe

I have noticed multiple times that my car is not stopping automatically when approaching stopped traffic at red lights. If it is approaching slow traffic, it slows down and stops well. Have you noticed it as well?

I have noticed multiple times that my car is not stopping automatically when approaching stopped traffic at red lights. If it is approaching slow traffic, it slows down and stops well. Have you noticed it as well?
Yes I notice this also. There is a specific warning about it in the owners manual:

WARNING: Adaptive Cruise Control
may not detect stationary or slow
moving vehicles below 6 mph (10 km/h).

I still don't understand why people are using ACC on normal streets with stoplights. Isn't it really only meant for highway use?

I still don't understand why people are using ACC on normal streets with stoplights. Isn't it really only meant for highway use?
I like to use it, so that I don't have to bother doing one more function.

Yes I notice this also. There is a specific warning about it in the owners manual:

WARNING: Adaptive Cruise Control
may not detect stationary or slow
moving vehicles below 6 mph (10 km/h).
That makes sense, thank you

But during rush hour you'll definitely come to stops on highways, will it detect traffic jams and slowdown or stop then? Or no?

It's supposed to. But it not working 'as intended' in uses outside what's it's meant for (i.e. using it on city streets and expecting it to stop for red light traffic) is not the fault of the system. This is why people die with Tesla Autopilot - user error and thinking machines will save their drunk/lazy/bored asses...

But during rush hour you'll definitely come to stops on highways, will it detect traffic jams and slowdown or stop then? Or no?
I have had issues with that and Lucid is aware of them.

Back