About to be a lucid leaser, a few questions please

Atxmarco

Hi all
Have made the decision to lease a grand touring. Am all about range so going with 19” wheels. The website as far as i can tell shows none anywhere to get the 5k incentive. I guess next step is to call and have them search for me? Nearest showroom is about 200 miles away but austin has a service center. How was the search for you guys? Big difference between the pro sound system and cruise control. Seats comfy for long trips? Glass roof works for scorching texas summers? Other pro tips?
Thanks!

I find the massaging seats to make a huge difference on long road trips. They really reduce fatigue.
I use Lucid's own roof sunshades to reduce glare and heat through the glass roof in summer months. The sunshades work very well, still let a bit of light through, and are very easy to install and remove as desired.
Even though the 19's are not particularly good looking, the added range and reduction in worry made them the best choice for me.

Hi all
Have made the decision to lease a grand touring. Am all about range so going with 19” wheels. The website as far as i can tell shows none anywhere to get the 5k incentive. I guess next step is to call and have them search for me? Nearest showroom is about 200 miles away but austin has a service center. How was the search for you guys? Big difference between the pro sound system and cruise control. Seats comfy for long trips? Glass roof works for scorching texas summers? Other pro tips?
Thanks!
Austin has a service center??? That's new.

Probably best to contact Lucid advisor to find the best fit for what you are looking for and see what is available nearby.
Big incentive currently is $5k credit for cars ‘nearby’, charging credit and referral credit.
I haven’t experienced the glass roof during summer or in Texas yet but a number of owners have said the Lucid offered inserts work well

I'm in Dallas, feels like you definitely need some shading or something for the roof. When we were testing, that glass canopy was HOT in aug/sep. So hot that I went with metal roof and a Touring and that was the primary factor. I'd trust folks like DeaneG if the shade things work!

I really enjoy having the highway assist. Car basically drove itself up to OKC for me.

Also don't ever forget...the luxury of AC on for the entirety of the time you pop into a store (up to 45 mins, which is as long as I ever spend in a store) is an amazing feature for TX.

It’s been there since at least the end of the year - when I was considering a GT that was one of the factors for me.
Where? I've searched all over the site. The nearest Lucid service center I could find was Houston. I know there is a mobile service in Austin is that what you are referring to?

I’ve had no problem with the glass roof in Dallas IF I pre-cool the car or simply keep it cool when I go into a store for example. If you park the car in the sun for a lengthy time and don’t cool the car then the glass does radiate heat.

Where? I've searched all over the site. The nearest Lucid service center I could find was Houston. I know there is a mobile service in Austin is that what you are referring to?
It shows up on the Lucid location sites on the company website but it is a bit weird in that it includes no details. Must be new. This is what it said:

Austin, Texas​

Service + Mobile Service Hub

Studio or Service Center Active

SERVICE

Austin Texas
To schedule an appointment, please call:
+1 (346) 466-3490

Hi gang,
Due to pickup my touring on sat in chicago to get the sweet 5k discount. I’m now told i have to take her immediately to the dmv for a vin check in austin. Anyone else have to do this? Thanks

It shows up on the Lucid location sites on the company website but it is a bit weird in that it includes no details. Must be new. This is what it said:

Austin, Texas​

Service + Mobile Service Hub

Studio or Service Center Active

SERVICE

Austin Texas
To schedule an appointment, please call:
+1 (346) 466-3490
Yeah, it is a mobile service here in Austin, not a service center. Just used them to fix a creaking steering wheel. Came out to the house, very polite/professional. Did everything needed to fix it and even checked a few other things and replaced my battery in the key fob (nice touch). IMO much better than a service center but I know my repair was minor.

You will love the car! I would highly suggest the Surreal Sound Pro option, as Tidal's high-resolution service is just amazing. In terms of Dream Drive, I think the premium works well. I have DD Pro, but as you know, some features are not working yet.

I do not have massage seats, but long trips are still great. The seats are very comfortable. But if I had to do it again, I would definitely get the massage seats.

I have an aluminum roof. I like it because I live in South Florida, and the car does not get too hot. However, the glass roof is really amazing. If I had to do it again, I think I would get a glass roof.

And, don't forget to get the $1,000 off referral discount. My link is on my profile and signature if you need one.

Best of luck to you!

Hi gang,
Due to pickup my touring on sat in chicago to get the sweet 5k discount. I’m now told i have to take her immediately to the dmv for a vin check in austin. Anyone else have to do this? Thanks
I have a 24 Touring but it was delivered vs me picking it up. No DMV visit was required, it was just the normal "pay us money, wait for a bit, and license plates show up in the mail". I'm betting it is because you are bringing the car into TX vs the dealer/manufacturer. I vaguely remember having to do something like that when I moved here with my car - I think, it's been a minute :)

Back