A Surprising Benefit of the Air

Gizmoidal

Verified Owner
Cars
Zenith Red AT
The car is more than I expected in terms of ride and comfort. I’m still blown away by that. But there’s something else, something I didn’t expect:

I’ve become so phobic about parking near other vehicles that I now park in the farthest reaches of parking lots at places like Costco, and my daily step count has increased significantly! That’s right, the Air is helping me with my exercise regimen.

Please ell me I’m not the only one …

I fold the rear seat and have a doggie cover and motor trend rubber mat over the rear seats to carry my golf cart folded there. I have to open the door fully to load and unload and I too park far from other cars to load and unload easily. The other reason to park far away is because the doors can open almost 90 and hit the other cars.😂

The car is more than I expected in terms of ride and comfort. I’m still blown away by that. But there’s something else, something I didn’t expect:

I’ve become so phobic about parking near other vehicles that I now park in the farthest reaches of parking lots at places like Costco, and my daily step count has increased significantly! That’s right, the Air is helping me with my exercise regimen.

Please ell me I’m not the only one …
I have done that for years and half the time some ahole goes out there and parks next to me despite all the open spaces there.

I like my cars as well, always parked far away from other cars or shopping cart collection areas. With the Air's panels being aluminum, all the more reason to avoid errant doors and carts!

I made the mistake in week 1 of ownership to park in a crowded parking lot. I was sitting in my vehicle while my wife was grabbing groceries and someone pulled in next to me, opened the door, and bam hit my quarter panel. Got their insurance and they paid for the damages but man... lesson learned. I'm parking far far away now

I always park as close as possible so more people can gawk at the car.

I always park as close as possible so more people can gawk at the car.
My experience has generally been that if someone parks next to me while I’m parked
away from the crowds (as I always do) that person is another Gearhead and it’s a sign of mutual respect.
Regarding hydbob’s comment about gawking, I find myself circling my Touring 2 or 3 times when I park just to enjoy the style and the color in different light!!!

My experience has generally been that if someone parks next to me while I’m parked
away from the crowds (as I always do) that person is another Gearhead and it’s a sign of mutual respect.
Regarding hydbob’s comment about gawking, I find myself circling my Touring 2 or 3 times when I park just to enjoy the style and the color in different light!!!
It hasn't gotten old. I love the way this car looks. I've only had mine a week and I've already had several comments from strangers about how gorgeous the car is. Love that others see what I see!

Back