A Step in the right direction for Lucid Repairability!

Takeshi

Active Member

Joined
Dec 16, 2024
Messages
103
Reaction score
128
Location
Bay Area, CA
Referral Code
CN03E6R1
Lucid is willing to turn off service mode on both Rich's Lucid Air's if he can get then running to Lucid! This is a major step for repairability in the right direction.

 
Last edited:
I guess it's nice that Lucid is being responsive, but I think it's optimistic to call this any kind of directional step. Manufacturers must be required to allow owners to interface with the software without needing to involve them. These one-off cases don't scale.
 
I guess it's nice that Lucid is being responsive, but I think it's optimistic to call this any kind of directional step. Manufacturers must be required to allow owners to interface with the software without needing to involve them. These one-off cases don't scale.
I think this is short sighted. Did you think about all the liability issues? Yes, manufactures should allow repair for physical components but let user interface with software, not so fast.
 
Hmmmm. Maybe it’s time to start looking at the auctions for a parts car 😂

Was thinking about getting some 19 inch wheels for winter driving …. Might get a bit more w the wheels.
 
Last edited:
Independent of legal and safety considerations, I was rooting for the possibility that both cars could be revived.

Oddly, it made me feel better about my order.
 
I think this is short sighted. Did you think about all the liability issues? Yes, manufactures should allow repair for physical components but let user interface with software, not so fast.
Liability issues are a straw argument used by manufacturers and lobbyists trying to protect monopolistic revenue streams. You have the same set of liability from selling physical components and service manuals that you do from allowing access to vehicle software. It's just as easy for someone to destroy their vehicle from screwing up the braking system as it is writing invalid software parameters. The only difference being that regulation hasn't caught up with the digital domain yet.
 
Back
Top