A mark of quality...at least in my world

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
This is something I obsess over and for me is one important mark of quality, the absence of rattles. My last two cars, a Jaguar I-Pace and Audi e-Tron, have set the standard for me. The I-Pace was almost devoid of rattles and the e-Tron is, as far as I can tell, totally devoid of rattles. The feeling of solidity in a car that is devoid of rattles, traversing any kind of road surface from cobblestone to potholes, is a mark of quality construction that I truly appreciate.

I've had rattles in other cars, ranging from mildly annoying to absolutely maddening. I've spent countless hours trying to trace down the source of various rattles, but it's a difficult job to say the least. Even when the source is discovered, it's not always an easy fix. The Lexus we recently traded was one where I had two rattles for which I never discovered the source. There are very few things that can so quickly detract from my admiration of a car, than rattles.

That brings me to the Lucid. Unfortunately the presence or absence of rattles is a quality seldom discussed in automotive reviews. Even when you are presented with a test drive, the roads traversed are a key element in the ability to discern if the car is prone to rattles or not. Of course even if your tester has no rattles, there's no guarantee that your car will meet with the same good fortune.

I'm not sure how important this aspect of car construction is to the typical car buyer, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least mildly important to the typical Lucid buyer.

You hit the nail(rattle) on the head. Rattles drive both my wife and myself crazy. Fortunately my wife's Audi S4 and my Panarama Turbo have been relatively rattle free. However, that has not always been the case on some other cars I have had. As you say, strange that this is seldom discussed in automotive reviews. I would think this is something that most people that read these articles would like to be aware of before considering purchase.

Nothing worse than a rattle in a vehicle :eek:. NVH can drive someone crazy! pun intended.

Back