3.0 on Air

A couple interesting things today...

PIN required:
Got in the car, phone and Apple Watch only (no key fob). Put in D and the car asked for my PIN in order to drive.

Apple Watch:
This probably has zip to do with the update, but it was an interesting find. I can unlock the car, open the frunk or trunk from further away using the Apple Watch app than I can with the phone app. For giggles and grins I tried to unlock the car from a distance with my phone locked and in my pocket. Success!
 
I am not a fan of the new larger CarPlay window. I frequently use Waze, and now the next turn is hidden behind my right hand and the steering wheel. I have to remove my hand from the wheel to see the next turn. It just doesn't feel safe to keep doing that.
 
The same logo in about in settings. Held it for over a minute multiple times and nothing.

On the brake+mic+X, I got it to work by pressing the brake first, then mic+X buttons at the same time, and holding all 3 for over a minute. Just tried it again, and it took 1 min 16 secs before the screens started shutting off to reboot. As I mentioned previously, it took about 20 seconds the few times I had to do it. The logo reset usually fixed my issues most of the time so I'm hoping it exists under the new UI.
OK, I just learned something. I did the brake/mic/X reset today. Noticed that after 10 seconds, there was an audible chime and again at 20 seconds. I let go of the brake and mic buttons and then screens started to go black and it rebooted. I think the first time I tried, I was listening to music and didn't hear the chime. This behavior is different as before the screens rebooted without requiring me to let go of the buttons.

Looking through the new UI, I was impressed with the multiple "cards". It will take awhile to locate all the previous features that are now located in submenus but I think it's an improvement.

Initially on the charging menu, schedule and current limiter were "temporarily unavailable" which was unaffected by a reboot. However, after plugging my Lucid charger in, the car started charging and scheduling and current limiter both became available.
 
Finally, does everyone else’s screen default to the Home Screen each time you get in the car? I used to leave mine on navigation and it would stay there.

That's odd, mine has never done that. It has always started on the home screen for me.
 
This did not work for me.

Under the old version, this is what I would do. Tap on it and the big search window taking up half the panel would go away.

The new UX has a search bar in the top left that has shortcut icons for home, work, favorites, and a grid for categories of other things. I can’t get that to go away by tapping.

Finally, does everyone else’s screen default to the Home Screen each time you get in the car? I used to leave mine on navigation and it would stay there.

Now, every time I get in the car, it starts with the home green with the pic of the car. I have to select navigation which isn’t a big deal. What’s annoying is the orientation keeps changing. I prefer it just stays on north up. But I have to cycle through the various ones.
I am not sure but I believe that you can choose a specific "launch" screen to customize what you see by default at startup.
 
This did not work for me.

Under the old version, this is what I would do. Tap on it and the big search window taking up half the panel would go away.

The new UX has a search bar in the top left that has shortcut icons for home, work, favorites, and a grid for categories of other things. I can’t get that to go away by tapping.

Finally, does everyone else’s screen default to the Home Screen each time you get in the car? I used to leave mine on navigation and it would stay there.

Now, every time I get in the car, it starts with the home green with the pic of the car. I have to select navigation which isn’t a big deal. What’s annoying is the orientation keeps changing. I prefer it just stays on north up. But I have to cycle through the various ones.
Doesn't work for me either. Single finger, double tap zooms in on the map. 2 finger single tap zooms out on the map. One finger tap and hold drops a pin that you can navigate to. Single finger tap returns nothing, maybe a bug, or maybe just for swiping the map? The overlay menu's do get annoying. The navigation will stay if the car doesn't go to sleep. It starts up at the home screen after deep sleep it seems. I like to have the bottom map zoomed out a bit to check the surrounding area traffic before my commute. They should do a 3 finger tap to go to favorite screen.
 
Back
Top