2nd motor for air pure?

dscafetta

Does anyone know what the advantage to adding a 2nd motor to the Pure is? I assume you get 4WD, but are there any other advantages?

I hope there are significant advantages for $5000!

Better fuel economy? I doubt adding horsepower would increase fuel economy...
Faster? Perhaps, All that extra horsepower should do SOMETHING!
Something else?

Does anyone know the DETAILS of the Dream Drive Pro vs standard Dream Drive?

For $9000 I expect A LOT! Full autonomous driving to start...

The advantage of the 2nd motor is that you have a 2nd motor, AWD, more horsepower. The expectation is that it shouldn't effect efficiency. Given the technology involved and the fact that the motor is a primary key to the success of the vehicle platform as a whole, 5k for a second seems inexpensive to me.

And as far as dream drive pro, initially the only thing you'll get is visual 360. The LiDar sensors that they're installing won't be applicable to fully autonomous driving for some time yet, if ever.

Has the increase in power by adding a 2nd motor to pure been verified? Last I heard, it was speculation and they might limit the power electronically.

Final power specs have not been released, but I'd be floored if there's not an increase in power - I just can't guarantee how much.

Final power specs have not been released, but I'd be floored if there's not an increase in power - I just can't guarantee how much.
With the same battery pack, can the AWD Pure horsepower be that different from the Touring?

With the same battery pack, can the AWD Pure horsepower be that different from the Touring?
It can. THe HP of an EV is going to depend on the motor(s), the batteries,the high voltage electronics and the cooling system. Any of these could be smaller on the Pure.If the Pure uses a HV system limited to putting out 300 kW. Then even if each motor can put out 400 hp total power will still be limited to 400 hp.

I was told by a Lucid rep that even they don't know what the hp or range of the Pure AWD will be

It can. THe HP of an EV is going to depend on the motor(s), the batteries,the high voltage electronics and the cooling system. Any of these could be smaller on the Pure.If the Pure uses a HV system limited to putting out 300 kW. Then even if each motor can put out 400 hp total power will still be limited to 400 hp.
Very interesting… a lot of us are wondering if 2motor Pure will have same HP as Touring but so far Lucid isn’t saying

The RWD Pure has 480 hp. How is the AWD Touring at 620 hp with the exact same battery pack? Obviously, it's possible for an AWD Pure to have the same.

It's possible they split the difference? "Detune" the rear motor and get 550hp?

I would think so because if you compare the price of the Pure to Model S long rang, $87.4k+$5.5k for dual motor+$10k for the Dream Drive Pro (similar to Tesla free Auto Pilot)= $103k which is close to Model S price. However, we will have metal roof with Lucid.

The RWD Pure has 480 hp. How is the AWD Touring at 620 hp with the exact same battery pack? Obviously, it's possible for an AWD Pure to have the same.
I believe the battery pack will be 93 kWh instead of 88 kWh. It basically will be like Touring without other options, leather seats, glass roof option, 19” wheel,.. else.

Back