25th post

Congrats! But you’re not a full member until you get a Lucid 😂

So full membership requires 25 posts and a Lucid?

Halfway there with this deal.

BCB82373-86C1-46BE-ABB0-78EB25D8C15A.jpeg

I believe I am a full member, LOL!

In the past there have been several who joined the forum seemingly primarily to argue, troll and doom-post without basis. Some mornings it's surprising what appears here overnight. The moderators have a tough job trying to keep the forum generally constructive and helpful (criticism included). It's not an easy job steering things in the right direction while preserving open discussion. I don't envy the work they have chosen to do and the choices they need to make, but I greatly appreciated the information, experience, and support offered by owners when I was making my purchase decision.

In the past there have been several who joined the forum seemingly primarily to argue, troll and doom-post without basis. Some mornings it's surprising what appears here overnight. The moderators have a tough job trying to keep the forum generally constructive and helpful (criticism included). It's not an easy job steering things in the right direction while preserving open discussion. I don't envy the work they have chosen to do and the choices they need to make, but I greatly appreciated the information, experience, and support offered by owners when I was making my purchase decision.
agreed! so much valuable information. it’s so much easier to lurk than to actually post.

agreed! so much valuable information. it’s so much easier to lurk than to actually post.
If not for this forum I wouldn't have gone ahead with my first EV purchase. Hopefully I get to 25 posts before I get my car tomorrow so that I can get access to the exclusive club :)

If not for this forum I wouldn't have gone ahead with my first EV purchase. Hopefully I get to 25 posts before I get my car tomorrow so that I can get access to the exclusive club :)
Same for me. I almost backed out of my reservation but decided to go through with my purchase because of current owners sharing their experiences. Now I do not have an unrealistic expectation. I just hope lucid is successful.

The magical 25 posts is a weak attempt to slow down those with nefarious intent, completely ineffective in keeping someone from posting 25 trash messages. I'm not complaining here as I fully support the intent, and I recognize that any stronger mechanisms could kill the ability to ask questions and air concerns.
What is difficult to do is encourage and support this forum to be a go-to place for information, experiences, workarounds, solutions regarding Lucid products and related goods and services, rather than (repetitive) whining and trash talk which contributes no value. I fully support the efforts taken by various moderators to turn deeply negative discussions into constructive criticisms, and gather useful information into sticky posts ... most contributors and most conversations are inquisitive and supportive, but just a few negative Nancys (sorry, Nancy, wasn't calling you out) can ruin an entire thread and sometimes the forum.
So, with your brand new 25-posts milestone, your responsibility is to figure out how to personally raise the bar by providing or adding positive value, refraining from repeatedly whining (one is ok!), reading before posting, sharing more attributable facts than speculation, respecting others. Look for examples of those behaviors you like from the moderators, and remember that saying "thank you!" costs you no more than a few keystrokes, but can light up someone's day.
That said, welcome, new bar raisers, and enjoy!

Same for me. I almost backed out of my reservation but decided to go through with my purchase because of current owners sharing their experiences. Now I do not have an unrealistic expectation. I just hope lucid is successful.
I don't think it unreasonable to back out of a reservation -- you certainly want to know as much as you can before making a big commitment. You do want to know, and it is pretty clear here, that you'd be purchasing something as an early adopter and need to understand that the rough edges are there and could surprise you.
But you do need to understand, and it is pretty clear that you do from your comment so I'm speaking to a wider audience, that there are going to be more posts about some negative experience than positive, and balance that out in your information gathering. Think of it as a doctor who hears every day from sick or injured patients, but not from all those who don't need to talk to the doctor.

Back