2026 Motor Trend SUV of the Year: the 9,000-pound Cadillac Escalade with a 205 kWh Battery pack

I just came across this article showing the Gravity didn't even make the finalist list for SUV of the Year consideration.

The finalists were:

Audi Q6 and SQ6 E-Tron
Cadillac Escalade IQ
Cadillac Vistiq
Honda Passport
Hyundai Ioniq 9
Hyundai Palisade
Porsche Macan Electric
Volkswagen Tiguan

While they pointed out some of the Gravity's highlights, they wrapped up with "shame about all the glitches, though."

Maybe the lesson here is that, even as a new company, you can get by with putting one model on the market with under-cooked software. But twice is risky. If Lucid does it a third time with the Earth, the goose will finally be cooked.

None of those lock you out for hours then blast you in the face with AC when you open the door.
 
I just hope I am not blue come Thanksgiving. I am set to take delivery either late tomorrow or early Wed (the wife does not want Wed as we have 20+ coming for Thanksgiving, so hopefully SC can have all done by tomorrow. I am prepared for at least some minor “glitches” but hoping they are limited to maybe a double tap frunk and some momentary false warning lights. I have a package of spare fob batteries and am prepped on the cars soft and hard resets as well as fob reset.
I was kinda hoping to delay mine further. I ordered in June, and changed the config twice. Really don't need it soon, and hoped many of the bugs would get fixed. Also want Android Auto.

But my SA called last week and said mine moved to production stage. Should be excited but actually kinda disappointed. Shouldn't feel that way.

Early adopter blues, I guess. We bought a 1st-year Mustang Mach-E in early 2021, and then a Porsche Macan EV this year. Plenty of bugs in those too. But at least Ford and Porsche have deep pockets so there's more confidence they'd throw manpower at it to get them fixed. I don't have as much faith that Lucid will (or that they'll even still be around in 3-5 years). Sometimes I wonder if I made a mistake and should have waited. But I wouldn't have taken the risk if I couldn't afford it. I just hope at minimum the fob and keycard work dependably by the time mine arrives. Little annoyances are one thing, but not getting into the car or being able to drive it is a whole different matter.
 
I just hope I am not blue come Thanksgiving. I am set to take delivery either late tomorrow or early Wed (the wife does not want Wed as we have 20+ coming for Thanksgiving, so hopefully SC can have all done by tomorrow. I am prepared for at least some minor “glitches” but hoping they are limited to maybe a double tap frunk and some momentary false warning lights. I have a package of spare fob batteries and am prepped on the cars soft and hard resets as well as fob reset.
I've been doing thumb exercises in anticipation of all the upcoming reboots 🙂
 
So, here we are a month later - Auto Focus (MKDHD and co) chose Gravity as EV of the Year, and the latest software fixes some of the major issues.

Still a lot more issues to fix and features to add, but Gravity ownership today feels worth the hassles as long as Lucid keeps the pace on bug fixing. At least to this 1 week owner.
 
So, here we are a month later - Auto Focus (MKDHD and co) chose Gravity as EV of the Year, and the latest software fixes some of the major issues.

Still a lot more issues to fix and features to add, but Gravity ownership today feels worth the hassles as long as Lucid keeps the pace on bug fixing. At least to this 1 week owner.
Yup. It was the same story for the Air.
 
Back
Top