2026 Lucid Grand Touring maximum charge is 468 miles

don

Member

Joined
Nov 28, 2022
Messages
18
Reaction score
3
I am on my second Lucid Air. The first was a Touring that I drove 60,000 miles. When charging to go on a trip, it would show 425 miles at 100% charge. At 60,000 miles it still charged to 415 miles at 100%. My 2026 Air Grand Touring with 9,000 miles will only charge to 468 miles at 100%. I called customer care and got a word salad about cold and hill and speed. I explained my call was about battery capacity, and I know how to squeeze maximum mileage on trips. I clearly do not get a lot more miles than my Touring with the new Grand Touring. I would like to see the car take a 100% charge with over 500 miles as I was told when I bought the car. I have asked to have the batteries tested by Lucid but haven't heard back. For the Lucid defensive people, I am just trying to figure out if I can fully charge the batteries as spec on car I bought. I know this car isn't going to go 500 miles no matter how much I baby it. I did get over 400 miles many times with my Touring. Picture below is my Touring on road trip through PA.
 

Attachments

  • lucid.webp
    lucid.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 22
I am on my second Lucid Air. The first was a Touring that I drove 60,000 miles. When charging to go on a trip, it would show 425 miles at 100% charge. At 60,000 miles it still charged to 415 miles at 100%. My 2026 Air Grand Touring with 9,000 miles will only charge to 468 miles at 100%. I called customer care and got a word salad about cold and hill and speed. I explained my call was about battery capacity, and I know how to squeeze maximum mileage on trips. I clearly do not get a lot more miles than my Touring with the new Grand Touring. I would like to see the car take a 100% charge with over 500 miles as I was told when I bought the car. I have asked to have the batteries tested by Lucid but haven't heard back. For the Lucid defensive people, I am just trying to figure out if I can fully charge the batteries as spec on car I bought. I know this car isn't going to go 500 miles no matter how much I baby it. I did get over 400 miles many times with my Touring. Picture below is my Touring on road trip through PA.
What size tires does your GT have? The max range changes based on that.

The 512mi need range is only with 19" tires.

If you do have the 19" tires, make sure the car is set for that tire size as well. It's possible that is set incorrectly and it's giving you the wrong estimate as a result.
 
What size tires does your GT have? The max range changes based on that.

The 512mi need range is only with 19" tires.

If you do have the 19" tires, make sure the car is set for that tire size as well. It's possible that is set incorrectly and it's giving you the wrong estimate as a result.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I just checked and it does have the 19" tires in the program. I thought you had the answer.
 
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I just checked and it does have the 19" tires in the program. I thought you had the answer.
That's a bummer,I was really hoping it was something that simple.

The only other thing I can think of to try is to run the battery down to 10% or so, then charge to 100% and then let it sit at 100% for a day or so? Maybe get the BMS back in calibration.

Otherwise it' d lol at setting up the Lucid plugin for HomeAssistant or signing up for https://lucidtracker.app site and check what the API reports as your battery state of health.
 
Thanks again. The tracker say the battery is 97%. I have run the battery down and charged. Get the same 468 miles. It has been consistent.
 
I think the type of wheel matters doesn't it? If you have the range wheel you will get better mileage than other wheel types (though 40+ mile difference seems kind of alot of difference
 
Yes it matters. I have the 19" aero wheels on my GT that are the maximum range.
 
You may have 19", but the car is tracking as if it is 21" wheels. At one point, I thought there was a way to manually swap in the car.
 
You may have 19", but the car is tracking as if it is 21" wheels. At one point, I thought there was a way to manually swap in the car.
Good thought, settings=>vehicle=>tires as I recall, tell it you are on 21" (or 20") and then correct the lie by going back to 19" (in case an internal setting has gone astray and may be corrected with the externalized setting, I've seen sw do stranger things)...
 
I am on my second Lucid Air. The first was a Touring that I drove 60,000 miles. When charging to go on a trip, it would show 425 miles at 100% charge. At 60,000 miles it still charged to 415 miles at 100%. My 2026 Air Grand Touring with 9,000 miles will only charge to 468 miles at 100%. I called customer care and got a word salad about cold and hill and speed. I explained my call was about battery capacity, and I know how to squeeze maximum mileage on trips. I clearly do not get a lot more miles than my Touring with the new Grand Touring. I would like to see the car take a 100% charge with over 500 miles as I was told when I bought the car. I have asked to have the batteries tested by Lucid but haven't heard back. For the Lucid defensive people, I am just trying to figure out if I can fully charge the batteries as spec on car I bought. I know this car isn't going to go 500 miles no matter how much I baby it. I did get over 400 miles many times with my Touring. Picture below is my Touring on road trip through PA.
On your mobile app, which wheels are showing? If the app shows the wrong wheels, changing the wheels in the car won’t matter. You’ll have to text customer service to have them update your VIN on their end. I had this issue a few years ago. My car was built with 20’s, car was delivered with 21’s and the app reflected this. Then one day, the app started showing my car with the 20’s out of the blue. I texted c/s they told me my car was showing 20’s on their end. They manually updated back to 21’s and it’s been fine since.
 
You may have 19", but the car is tracking as if it is 21" wheels. At one point, I thought there was a way to manually swap in the car.
The likely scenario.
 
Back
Top