2025 Lucid Air Reliability

We have a 2023 Air Pure AWD, 19" tires with just under 27,000 miles. I agree the car is a dream to drive & is so comfortable yet we have all the software issues we all have. Today some new issues developed. We started with an 80% charge or 318 miles, We drove 149.5 miles & had 24% remaining charge & averaged 3.13 mi/kWh. When charged 100% the car shows 398 mile range so 24% remaining = 95.5 miles plus the miles traveled of 149.5 = a real range of 245 miles not 398. We drove @ 65 mph & only used the heated seats. 398 miles less 245 actual = a loss of 153 miles or 38.4%. Yes we were in the 40 degree temperature range but that is a far worse hit than is usually mentioned here. We have always come up very short of the vehicle's indicated range but this is excessive.

While on the trip today I was using "Hands Free" when a whole bunch of things happened at once. The driver's screen went black briefly, the cautions lights started flashing, the car slowed & sped up several times & lost power completely twice. After several attempts we were finally able to shut off the caution lights however we were never able to activate the "Hands Free" or "Driver Assist" or cruise control the rest of the trip. We were in the middle lane of a three lane highway with a good amount of traffic around us so quite dangerous. If the driver software does not work tomorrow I'll try a reset.
I had almost the same experience with hands free, middle lane with traffic both sides as well as in front and behind, doing 70mph with the rest of traffic, all of the sudden started beeping and a red take control now banner flashing, hazard lights switched on, auto braking slowed the car, my hands were on the wheel so I steered a little left then right, the banner continued flashing and would not disengage until I hit the cancel button on the wheel. I've tried hands free again, works for about 15 seconds then the "take control now" banner flashes. I'm just going to turn the car in as it's the end of the lease and let Lucid deal with it on their time. I've ordered a Gravity with Dream Drive Pro as well and hoping for a better experience.
 
2025 AGT (19” wheels), 9800 miles. The car has been darn near perfection AND I’ve averaged 4.19 miles/kWh since taking delivery 12/15/24. Best car I have ever driven. One small panel gap adjustment done two weeks after delivery and a creaking steering wheel replaced at approx 5k miles. Other than that, completely reliable (and wonderful).
 
I'm in DFW, the 4th most populous metro area in the country, and the closest service center to me is 214 miles away. So I'd say if you've got 3 within 50-60 miles of you, you're not really in a service desert.

That's not to say that Lucid doesn't need even more service centers, including in in your area, but it's not as bad as other areas.
Yeah I think no matter what it's bad all around. My guess is that it feels pretty bad here in LA because EV adoption is so high. I see a lot of Lucids in the LA area, so even 1-2 in a reasonable radius feels insufficient.

I'm still driving around a rental and when I see a Lucid pass me on the freeway, I get jealous. I do miss driving it. I'll get my car back one day!
 
I have 2800 mi on my '26 Air GT that I got the end of September. The only big problem I have had is regarding a 2 1/2 ton car hitting an unseen pot hole flattening the tire. Got towed to service center 7 miles from my house and they got the tire in the next day. The proximity door business works 9 out of 10 times immediately which is a huge upgrade from the '23 Mercedes S class it replaced which worked 1 out of 20 times.
 
I have 2800 mi on my '26 Air GT that I got the end of September. The only big problem I have had is regarding a 2 1/2 ton car hitting an unseen pot hole flattening the tire. Got towed to service center 7 miles from my house and they got the tire in the next day. The proximity door business works 9 out of 10 times immediately which is a huge upgrade from the '23 Mercedes S class it replaced which worked 1 out of 20 times.
Whhhaatttt?!? Other car manufacturers have proximity door unlock issues, too?!? Be careful saying that around these parts!!! 90% of this very forum believes Lucid software team is personally out to get them 😆. I kid…

I am glad proximity works well for you though. And I feel you on the tires. I have gone through six tires in 3 years of ownership. The Michelin Pilots have been great so far for the last few months though FWIW.
 
There’s a fairly easy way to drastically lower the odds of trashing your tires…19” wheels. These heavy EV’s (ALL of them, not just Lucid’s) and low profile rubber nearly guaranty that you’ll go through a couple of tires a year if you live anywhere there are potholes…
 
I have the 19" wheels as I wanted max range. The most ironic thing about my pothole experience is less than a week later I noticed the hole was patched.
 
Well, I finally handed title back over to Lucid yesterday. I was able to resolve the issue through the BBB arbitration/lemon law quite quickly and Lucid made it relatively painless to get this resolved. Ultimately, my Air had way too many issues and it was out for more than 60 days over the course of two years in repairs. I think some of that could have been ameliorated with more throughput on the service end to reduce the time it was out of service but I basically had a failed motor, 2 drive train system faults, and the battery pack that needed a full replacement.

Sad to leave Lucid but I'll be back once I see their QC and reliability improve. It was the most amazing car I ever drove and also the most unreliable one.
 
Sorry to learn about your experience. For perspective, my 2022 Air GT has 60,000 miles and has never had a drive fault and has never been to the shop for any drive issues other than routine annual maintenance.
 
Well, I finally handed title back over to Lucid yesterday. I was able to resolve the issue through the BBB arbitration/lemon law quite quickly and Lucid made it relatively painless to get this resolved. Ultimately, my Air had way too many issues and it was out for more than 60 days over the course of two years in repairs. I think some of that could have been ameliorated with more throughput on the service end to reduce the time it was out of service but I basically had a failed motor, 2 drive train system faults, and the battery pack that needed a full replacement.

Sad to leave Lucid but I'll be back once I see their QC and reliability improve. It was the most amazing car I ever drove and also the most unreliable one.
Interesting—and encouraging—to hear that Lucid was so relatively cooperative.
 
2025 touring here. 12300 miles. Not a single issue or need for service visit. Absolutely love the car. So much nicer than the 2 teslas I had prior.
 
2025 touring here. 12300 miles. Not a single issue or need for service visit. Absolutely love the car. So much nicer than the 2 teslas I had prior.

Sadly, I was in a similar position as you when I had 12k miles. Only service was to tweak the latches on the frunk, and replace the driver's seat due to torn upholstery. The driving bits were perfect

Until...

At almost 15k miles exactly, right in the middle of my 4000 mile road trip, I got a Drive System Fault while driving on the interstate, after having just driven through some snow--covered roads.

Thankfully, their service and handling of the issue has been excellent thus far. They didn't have any loaners sadly, but they are reimbursing me for rental (they even offered to fly us home if we had preferred), and will transport the vehicle back to my home (almost 2000 miles away) when the repairs are complete.

Currently their plan is to replace the front drive unit, though I think they are still looking into an issue with the battery heat pump. Not sure if what I was experiencing was 'normal' for the temps I was in or not.

All that said, based on my following of these forums and r/Lucid, I don't get the impression that drive unit failures like this are particularly common (lucky me), and as I mentioned, their service team has been excellent so far in handling the situation.

I certainly hope yours stays trouble free!

I can't even put into words how much I look forward to getting my car back, especially after driving the three rental vehicles I've had since the incident. (RAV4, MB GLE350, and finally I'm at least back in an EV Mach-E).


Sidenote: It says a LOT about how much better EVs are than ICE vehicles in almost every category, that the Ford Mach-E feels like an upgrade from a Mercedes E-Class.
 
Well I hate to add my early experience to an otherwise very positive thread. But my ‘25 Air , with only 7,000 miles on it, is back in the shop for the 3rd time since we leased it in May. Two months ago there was a loud frame freak with any turning - they found out it was a bushing that was defective. Replaced it and about a week later there was a loud HVAC noise intermittently. It took them 2 weeks to find loose components on the HVAC compressor. But they said it was fixed.

Then just two days after o got the car back on Wednesday, I had a major problem - the car was driving perfectly but suddenly while in a drive thru the horn went off nonstop. A ‘frunk failure’ and regen braking alert went off. Two hard rests did nothing to the horn blaring. Had to walk away and let it sleep before the horn shut off.

And there was a very active buzz sound inside the right rear well that didn’t go off at all.

It had to be towed and so far no diagnosis.

All told, I think the car has been in repairs for 1 full month of my 7 month ownership.

Actually the software has been pretty solid. It’s oddly been all hardware. I love driving it. But this is worrisome.
 
Leased my ‘25 Air Pure in June. Had a loaner for 4 weeks after another parent hit my parked car in the school lot. The tiny scratch on the left front bumper cost their insurance over $10K to fix due to the electronics in said bumper. Some sensors were knocked out and the left turn camera would no longer work. The right turn camera worked fine until I turned on the left turn signal once, and then neither of them would work until the car was turned off and on again. All that was fixed.

Living in San Diego, it doesn’t rain much. When I would run the wiper the driver’s side would turn on, and I didn’t realize until it started raining that the one wiper doesn’t quite cover the entire windshield. So now the car is back in the shop to get the passenger side windshield wiper to work. When I went to turn it in they said they had 2 or 3 other maintenance things they needed to check, so they are keeping it for a week. I did get a nice rental from them, but I would have preferred a Lucid loaner. Appparently 3 of San Diego’s loaners are in the body shop!

For the little bit I’ve actually got to drive the car I really like it. I especially like the massage seats.
 
Back
Top