2025 Lucid Air Reliability

onyxjade

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jan 27, 2024
Messages
33
Reaction score
55
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Hey all, I'm currently driving a 2023 Air GT. Coming up on my second year on the lease with 1 more remaining before trade in. While I absolutely love the driving experience, comfort, and quality of the car, I've had pretty bad luck on the reliability front. Basically every 3 months or so on average I'm taking this car into Lucid for various drive system fault issues. One time the car bricked after I stopped for dinner at In-n-Out, the other times just drive system warnings that necessitate some kind of repair where the car sits in the shop for 1-2 weeks since Lucid in Beverly Hills doesn't have a lot of capacity to service multiple vehicles at once. I've probably taken the car in around 5 times already and the average repair duration is 1 week.

Anyway, that being said, I can't think of another car I'd rather have than the Air, but I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the 2025 or 2026 Lucid Airs? Curious as to whether or not they seem to be more reliable than the older models or if they're still running into the same issues.
 
I leased a 2025 Pure on June 20th. The only major hiccup was the center screen dying in week three, and the car was in the shop for about three weeks. Since then, no other service-level issues.

Like a lot of owners, I’m in that “I love the car, but…” category. There are quirks, but most of them have already been discussed on the forum so I won’t repeat them. Oddly enough, I’ve never had any of the usual key fob or mobile key problems—zero issues there.

I do run into several small software glitches each week, but a quick reboot always clears them. At this point, the overall experience with the car still outweighs the negatives. So far, my Pure has been reliable. Knock on wood!
 
I’ve only had build quality issues and random software stuff, nothing like drive units or anything.
 
2025 AGT. ~ 1 year ownership. Great car. Reliable but for one issue on very hot day had a controller malfunction in bumper to bumper traffic that never stopped car from moving. After it cooled ( while we were at dinner) all normal. Had good time stamp so exemplary Chicago service replaced module next day. Other than that? One call from service to replace part that never troubled us. AND Car saved our life when 18 yo ran red light. Great car.
 
25 Air Pure since last December. I have had no major issues, but it has had three warranty visits to the shop - one to get a keyfob programmed after they only had one at delivery, one to get the frunk latch adjusted, and one to replace cracked pure-lux on my drivers seat.
 
2025 Air Touring, coming up on a year of ownership. No issues needing service attention, though I have a list of little things for them to check on when I do my one year service check up.

Having the heat pump HVAC system is a benefit of the 2025s. Very little efficiency hit when cooling, though of course more when heating— but totally tolerable given the range we start at. While some have felt the AC is underpowered, I’ve had no trouble on summer days here in New England up to 90° or so (though like many ACsit does help to set the temperature very low when initially cooling in the car)
 
Last edited:
I have had a ‘25 Air GT for about 7 months and almost 6500 miles. So far the only things I’ve dealt with are minor software glitches mostly with sound and carplay that always resolve with reset. My carplay sound issues have mostly resolved since disabling wireless carplay and sticking with wired. No drivability issues so far. I have not required service either at a center or via mobile. Still get frustrated at the delay that intermittently exists with the auto unlock of the doors on approach. That’s the extent of my issues so far.
 
'25 Air Touring since June. My only complaint is that the mobile app takes too long to initialize. PAK works 99%, not quite as well as my Model S but miles better than my Polestar 2.
 
'25 Air Touring since June. My only complaint is that the mobile app takes too long to initialize. PAK works 99%, not quite as well as my Model S but miles better than my Polestar 2.
Yeah there's no reason for the "Wake Up" to take 30 seconds for a car I am standing looking at. Having said that, I have never had a walk up unlock issue on my 26. I'm not sure why the wake up from the app is so slow, or much bandwidth they're buying from a 3rd party maybe? I wish that they would fix that and the seat preconditioning.

But again, these aren't driveability issues at all.
 
2025 Air Touring, coming up on a year of ownership. No issues needing service attention, though I have a list of little things for them to check on when I do my one year service check up.

Having the heat pump HVAC system is a benefit of the 2025s. Very little efficiency hit when cooling, though of course more when heating— but totally tolerable given the range we start at. While some have felt the AC is underpowered, I’ve had no trouble on summer days here in New England up to 90° or so (though like many ACsit does help to set the temperature very low when initially cooling in the car)
I am in southern VA and have never had a problem cooling my 2023 AGT.
 
I have a early 2022 GT with 49,000 Miles the only 3 repairs I have had are
A/C compressor
High voltage Battery
New door for the car charger port
 
2025 Touring, no issues requiring service (just the occasional reset), approaching 1 year mark on a lease, ~ 6k miles.
 
Yeah there's no reason for the "Wake Up" to take 30 seconds for a car I am standing looking at. Having said that, I have never had a walk up unlock issue on my 26. I'm not sure why the wake up from the app is so slow, or much bandwidth they're buying from a 3rd party maybe? I wish that they would fix that and the seat preconditioning.

But again, these aren't driveability issues at all.
My Hyundai is slow as well, and worse. Only one that really works instantaneously is the Tesla.
 
Hey all, I'm currently driving a 2023 Air GT. Coming up on my second year on the lease with 1 more remaining before trade in. While I absolutely love the driving experience, comfort, and quality of the car, I've had pretty bad luck on the reliability front. Basically every 3 months or so on average I'm taking this car into Lucid for various drive system fault issues. One time the car bricked after I stopped for dinner at In-n-Out, the other times just drive system warnings that necessitate some kind of repair where the car sits in the shop for 1-2 weeks since Lucid in Beverly Hills doesn't have a lot of capacity to service multiple vehicles at once. I've probably taken the car in around 5 times already and the average repair duration is 1 week.

Anyway, that being said, I can't think of another car I'd rather have than the Air, but I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the 2025 or 2026 Lucid Airs? Curious as to whether or not they seem to be more reliable than the older models or if they're still running into the same issues.
Just get it, no brainer. They fixed everything and you get the newer chip. My car works perfectly and I had the upgraded chip installed.
 
2025 Touring, no issues requiring service (just the occasional reset), approaching 1 year mark on a lease, ~ 6k miles.
Ditto, although I'm not sure I've ever done a reset. 5 mos, 3,500 miles.
 
I have a 2023 GT I bought used from Lucid. I've seen a couple of glitches in 5k miles. One time Navigation just went south.. reboot of Entertainment/Info software fixed it, and it hasn't returned.

Really, it's about as reliable as my ex Model S from Tesla, that every so often needed a reboot.

I'll second the complaint about slow wake up from the app. But otherwise all is super. Best car I've ever owned.
 
Just get it, no brainer. They fixed everything and you get the newer chip. My car works perfectly and I had the upgraded chip installed.
Yeah I have the new chip in mine, I had the install service. It's a nice upgrade.

But the issues I've been running into have been more severe. Right now, the car is in the shop to change the battery pack. Two months ago, there was a sway bar bolt that was loose which made a very loud rattling sound on the front of the vehicle. Then before that, the shutters that open up to allow air to cool the battery wouldn't open. Each repair took 1-2 weeks to complete.

The software glitches actually aren't a big deal to me in comparison, it's the hardware/car functionality that's killing me at the moment on this 2023.
 
We have a 2023 Air Pure AWD, 19" tires with just under 27,000 miles. I agree the car is a dream to drive & is so comfortable yet we have all the software issues we all have. Today some new issues developed. We started with an 80% charge or 318 miles, We drove 149.5 miles & had 24% remaining charge & averaged 3.13 mi/kWh. When charged 100% the car shows 398 mile range so 24% remaining = 95.5 miles plus the miles traveled of 149.5 = a real range of 245 miles not 398. We drove @ 65 mph & only used the heated seats. 398 miles less 245 actual = a loss of 153 miles or 38.4%. Yes we were in the 40 degree temperature range but that is a far worse hit than is usually mentioned here. We have always come up very short of the vehicle's indicated range but this is excessive.

While on the trip today I was using "Hands Free" when a whole bunch of things happened at once. The driver's screen went black briefly, the cautions lights started flashing, the car slowed & sped up several times & lost power completely twice. After several attempts we were finally able to shut off the caution lights however we were never able to activate the "Hands Free" or "Driver Assist" or cruise control the rest of the trip. We were in the middle lane of a three lane highway with a good amount of traffic around us so quite dangerous. If the driver software does not work tomorrow I'll try a reset.
 
Back
Top