2025 AGT Crosswind Knocking Noise

Smitzer

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Referral Code
DX8GBGDM
I just finished a 3100’ish mile road trip along I-80 in my 2025 AGT, including travel through Wyoming and Nebraska and Iowa. Really good experience with comfort and charging.

One consistent problem, too:

Whilst driving at freeway speeds (or a little faster, maybe up to 85mph or so), a strong crosswind produced a constant knocking noise that seemed to emanate from the front corners of the dashboard, mostly on the passenger side, but occasionally also on the driver side.

I am certain it was not coming from inside the glovebox or from anything we were carrying in the cabin, and not from the visors. I’m also quite confident that it was not coming out of material I was carrying in the frunk. I had a companion in the passenger seat, seatbelt fastened. My roof is the metal variety. (These are all things I thought might produce noise and I think I’ve ruled out).

Anyone else here experience that? Any tips or suggestions on how to investigate or remediate?

Are we talking a fast-paced noise like something flapping in the wind, or a slow beat? Metallic sounding or rubbery/plastic-y?

Fast-paced. Sounds more plastic-y. If it’s metal, there’s no ringing to it.
Open your frunk and front door(s). Where they meet you'll see two flexible rubbery pieces that are supposed to notch together. If they aren't overlapping, you'll get a flapping sound from the wind.

Here's mine on the quiet side:
1729198512922.webp

And on the flappy side:
1729198555011.webp

Duct tape there was the start of an attempt to lock the pieces down to ensure that's what was causing it. Currently I have some residue-free duct tape and foam holding the two pieces steady and it has fixed the problem enough that I'm waiting for something else to pop up before having service take a look.

Open your frunk and front door(s). Where they meet you'll see two flexible rubbery pieces that are supposed to notch together. If they aren't overlapping, you'll get a flapping sound from the wind.

Here's mine on the quiet side:
View attachment 23988

And on the flappy side:
View attachment 23989

Duct tape there was the start of an attempt to lock the pieces down to ensure that's what was causing it. Currently I have some residue-free duct tape and foam holding the two pieces steady and it has fixed the problem enough that I'm waiting for something else to pop up before having service take a look.
Thank you. I’ll take a look and follow-up here.

I see nearly the same thing, with less gap on the flappy side, but it’s not tightly overlapped. This photo is after I tried to fit the flappy side back together, but it won’t hold (without tape or something).

Flappy (and re-tucked by hand)
IMG_5920.webp

Tight:
IMG_5920.webp

Shoot. Those were both the same photo (flappy, passenger side), and I don’t see a feature to edit my post. Here’s the proper “non-flappy” photo.

Attachments

• IMG_5921.webp
    IMG_5921.webp
    484.3 KB · Views: 7
Back