2024 Lucid air pure

wtrak

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid air pure
Hey everyone! Me and my husband are thinking about purchasing the lucid air pure 2024 with 20' wheels, we are moving from a BMW5 series to the lucid. Just wanted to hear about previous owners experience with the car since we are new to EVs, I just read some threads about issues with the frunk and some technical issues. Is this a common problem? Are most people happy with their purchase? Any issues I should consider before purchasing the car? Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome! I have a 2023 Air Pure AWD also with 20” wheels, and I too came off of BMWs (X5 and 3 series). I’ve been extremely satisfied with my purchase. Easily the best car I’ve ever had (although the 3 series came close in driving dynamics; the Lucid has it beat in everything else). No major hardware issues at all, and the couple of minor things that I did have (trim pieces, rattles) were promptly taken care of by the excellent Lucid service team, who also provided high quality Lucid loaners when the car was in the shop. As others on this forum have said, you often get those with the issues talking about them, which is fair but not a representative sample of the experience for many of us. All the best and looking forward to having you join the community.

We bought a 2024 Pure in July, and it is our first EV as well. Our comparison was against i5. My wife absolutely loved the Pure and refused to test drive the i5. Now it is her car, and I need to beg and steal to get to drive the Air. We absolutely love it, and it is unlike anything we have owned or driven so far. Our other car is a Lexus RXL, so we are not your typical high-performance vehicle owners, but in our experience, this is nothing but remarkable. I have not faced any major issues. The only issue was related to the OTA update; we suspect our home wireless setup. Once I made some changes, the last update went flawlessly. I am thrilled with the mobile service team - especially Chris in the DFW area. Always reachable over text - even though I don’t try to abuse that. Have you test-driven it yet? If not, give it a sufficiently long test drive and decide.

I am stuck with the RXL right now, and it is tough to drive an ICE after driving something like the Air! I am glad to answer any questions you may have!

Hey everyone! Me and my husband are thinking about purchasing the lucid air pure 2024 with 20' wheels, we are moving from a BMW5 series to the lucid. Just wanted to hear about previous owners experience with the car since we are new to EVs, I just read some threads about issues with the frunk and some technical issues. Is this a common problem? Are most people happy with their purchase? Any issues I should consider before purchasing the car? Thanks in advance.
Few trim issues on early year models. Most issue seem to be sorted out. Its a fabulous car....so good that I am no longer dreaming of buying a used Ferrari! Even after almost 2 years, still beings a smile whenever I drive the car. The ride and handling is sublime. And they achieved this without complicated air supsnesion. The Lucid Air has beaten the Taycan, EQS/EQE , Etron GT in sales...their is a good reason for that! Did you know that the rear diffuser starts just behind the front doors....such is the marvelous engineering. No one comes close, not even Tesla! Best EV out there!

2024 Lucid Air Pure with 19" wheels and no frills...our first EV. It's a total blast to drive! Love not worrying about gas and maintenance; insurance on par with ICE vehicles. Go for it; you will not be disappointed in a Lucid vehicle.

We bought a 2024 Pure in July, and it is our first EV as well. Our comparison was against i5. My wife absolutely loved the Pure and refused to test drive the i5. Now it is her car, and I need to beg and steal to get to drive the Air. We absolutely love it, and it is unlike anything we have owned or driven so far. Our other car is a Lexus RXL, so we are not your typical high-performance vehicle owners, but in our experience, this is nothing but remarkable. I have not faced any major issues. The only issue was related to the OTA update; we suspect our home wireless setup. Once I made some changes, the last update went flawlessly. I am thrilled with the mobile service team - especially Chris in the DFW area. Always reachable over text - even though I don’t try to abuse that. Have you test-driven it yet? If not, give it a sufficiently long test drive and decide.

I am stuck with the RXL right now, and it is tough to drive an ICE after driving something like the Air! I am glad to answer any questions you may have!
I am incredibly happy with my purchase. I think it's about the best thing I have ever bought. It is It still makes me happy every time I drive it. I've also had a Lucid for close to two years. The only bad thing is that I have to share it with my husband. If I had more space and money, I'd get a second one. As soon as I get home with it, my husband wants to grab it and run all over town doing every errand he can think of just so he gets a chance to drive it. Last night, my son listened to him and said "this sounds like addiction". Which is kind of true, for him and me.
Just remember when you're reading forums like this that every person who has a problem with theirs posts and complains. Most people who have one have no real problems with it, so they don't post anything.

Lucid Pure AWD great car. Had a few very minor issues (mostly trim) that were all fixed. I have 17k miles on my car and looking forward to many more.

Buy it. You wont regret it.

I have a ‘24 Air Pure with 20-in wheels that I got last July and love it. My first and only EV prior to this one is a 2nd Gen Leaf and I will not even attempt to compare that one. My other cars are ICE Mbz GLE and Range Rover Sport so I can’t really compare to those either. I have a couple of nit picks but nothing to keep me thinking about.

Back