2.4.0 / 2.4.2 / 2.4.4 OTA

Huh. Nothing taken away? They took away all automation and integration. . I can see that if you did not use or know how to use the integrations, you may think nothing was taken away. I really don't choose to use AA and it would not give me back all the smart integration that they sold me and then stopped delivering. Your comment is caustic without logic, as you seem not to understand my points
My automation through Home Assistant is working just fine. :) I can even use Alexa through it.

(But yes, I see you point. Technically they did take something away. Most users will not miss it. Some will. I’m hopeful LA will blow away Alexa eventually.)

Huh. Nothing taken away? They took away all automation and integration. . I can see that if you did not use or know how to use the integrations, you may think nothing was taken away. I really don't choose to use AA and it would not give me back all the smart integration that they sold me and then stopped delivering. Your comment is caustic without logic, as you seem not to understand my points
Calm down. I get your point, but please be nice.

No, your slider thought is perfectly correct. It is also not a difficult ask.
Everyone wants to be able to tweak some different little thing to their liking. Add a slider here, a checkbox there. The result would be a mess of a UX that is exponentially harder to test.

My automation through Home Assistant is working just fine. :) I can even use Alexa through it.

(But yes, I see you point. Technically they did take something away. Most users will not miss it. Some will. I’m hopeful LA will blow away Alexa eventually.)
Hi Borski, do you mind sharing info about this automation? Does it allow the garage door to automatically open when you're in close proximity to the garage/home?

thanks

Hi Borski, do you mind sharing info about this automation? Does it allow the garage door to automatically open when you're in close proximity to the garage/home?

thanks
Yes. Home Assistant is an open home automation controller. It can control garage doors through e.g. https://paulwieland.github.io/ratgdo/ and we've added Lucid integration that includes the location of your car. Put those together, you can define an automation like "when Lucid is in Drive and enters Home zone, open garage door."

Yes. Home Assistant is an open home automation controller. It can control garage doors through e.g. https://paulwieland.github.io/ratgdo/ and we've added Lucid integration that includes the location of your car. Put those together, you can define an automation like "when Lucid is in Drive and enters Home zone, open garage door."
Interesting!

So i need to to get this "control board" (? https://ratcloud.llc/products/ratgdo-v2-53i-mount) and connect it to my garage opener (Chamberlain in my case). I previously installed myQ for remote control of the garage opener, not sure if there's similar automation capability with it..

I'll look into Home Assistant, i haven't heard of it before. I'm interested in smart home tech, but haven't advanced beyond smart lights and myQ lol

thank you for your help.

Interesting!

So i need to to get this "control board" (? https://ratcloud.llc/products/ratgdo-v2-53i-mount) and connect it to my garage opener (Chamberlain in my case). I previously installed myQ for remote control of the garage opener, not sure if there's similar automation capability with it..
Yep, it works just like the myQ as I understand it (I don't actually have a garage, just going from what I've heard here). myQ used to be a popular choice with Home Assistant, but the company that owns myQ locked it down so others can't control it, so a lot of people switched to ratgdo.

I received 2.4.4 the other day. Looks great. I did try and play music through the "Hey Lucid" interface and have a puzzling response. Before the upgrade, with the Amazon interface, if I said "Play the Rolling Stones", Amazon would start playing a song from their library. Now with the upgrade, the software gives the request to Tidal. When Tidal gets it, the graphic from the song comes up and it looks like it is playing the music but nothing is coming out of the speakers (it is not on mute). Anyone else see this behavior?
Odd. When I ask HL to play the Rolling Stones it defaults to Spotify now, instead of Amazon Music as Alexa did. I don't have a Tidal account. Do you?

How is Traffic Jam assist working for everyone? It's still making me press the pedal to restart despite looking straight ahead at the road.
Works most of the time for me. Occasional I have to flick the lever on left side of steering wheel up.

I tried traffic jam for the first time yesterday coming from an air show. Worked flawlessly for my ten mile drive in stop and go traffic all the way.

I'm a big fan of the 6mph cutoff. I don't need the camera on a I'm winding through a parking lot after backing out of a spot (during backup or pulling in is great). I want the nav up so I know how to get out of the darned lot. Very happy with the 6mph change.

Camera deactivation at 6mph is too early. I drive in some parking lots that have narrow turning lanes and I activate this feature all the time to keep from getting curb rash on my wheels. But at 6mph I will have to constantly turn the cameras back on.
I wish Lucid considers making a slider where the user can adjust the deactivation speed to their needs. Fot example a range of 6-15mph
Yes, they can put it next to the slider (or - nn +) for the speed at which the doors lock, so I can back out of the garage and not need to unlock the doors again.

I'm a big fan of the 6mph cutoff. I don't need the camera on a I'm winding through a parking lot after backing out of a spot (during backup or pulling in is great). I want the nav up so I know how to get out of the darned lot. Very happy with the 6mph change.
I am super happy with it. I hadn't read down in the notes far enough to see it. It's always been a minor annoyance for me to manually turn off the cameras every time I pull out of a parking space. Obviously, I haven't had to since the update, but I didn't really notice that I wasn't any more.

Interesting!

I'll look into Home Assistant, i haven't heard of it before. I'm interested in smart home tech, but haven't advanced beyond smart lights and myQ lol

thank you for your help.
I think MyQ is no longer supported in HA but if you have anything else in your home that triggers the door to open then you should look into that. For example, I trigger remote functionality \ automation for the garage door through my ADT Alarm system via the Alarm.com integration.

What is HACS? And is there some reason my AV doesn't like the ratcloud.llc url. Is there something there to be concerned about?

Back