14-50 outlet recomendation

BradSholl

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, R1S, M3
I know I saw someone post a recommendation for a heavy duty 14-50 outlet (off a 100A sub panel) but I’ll be darned if I can find it. Suggestions?

That was if you were planning to install the Lucid home charger when available. If you are getting a third party charger, then put a 50 amp circuit with a NEMA 14-50 plug for a 40 amp draw..

That was if you were planning to install the Lucid home charger when available. If you are getting a third party charger, then put a 50 amp circuit with a NEMA 14-50 plug for a 40 amp draw..
Or a 60 amp circuit for a 48 amp draw hardwired EVSE

I know I saw someone post a recommendation for a heavy duty 14-50 outlet (off a 100A sub panel) but I’ll be darned if I can find it. Suggestions?
If you want a top quality receptacle the Hubbell device in the link is it, but it will be much more expensive than a 14-50R you can buy at Home Depot. Like anything you get what you pay for, the Hubbell device will have contacts that will stay tight for many cycles, and in general is a much more robust device than what you can get at a home improvement store.

Last edited:
Yea 14-50 on a 100A breaking makes no sense. Just put it on a 60A. The mobile charger can only pull 40A anyways.

Sorry, posted in a hurry and wasn’t very clear. 100A sub panel off of my second 200A main box via a 100A breaker. Sub panel will have a 50A breaker to a NEMA 14-50 outlet. That way I’m future-proofed in case I want to add either a second 15-50 outlet, or hardwire a charger ie Lucid’s 80A.
I saw a post with recommended industrial 14-50 outlets but can’t find it.

Thanks

Here you go

Sorry, posted in a hurry and wasn’t very clear. 100A sub panel off of my second 200A main box via a 100A breaker. Sub panel will have a 50A breaker to a NEMA 14-50 outlet. That way I’m future-proofed in case I want to add either a second 15-50 outlet, or hardwire a charger ie Lucid’s 80A.
I saw a post with recommended industrial 14-50 outlets but can’t find it.

Thanks

Back