110 V home charging only 2 mph

I have actually experienced 0 miles/hr especially when the temperatures are in the high 90's with the car is parked in the hot garage (over 85 degrees F) and the car fans running non-stop. When this happens, I unplug the car and drive it to an Electrify America charging station and get an 80% charge. When the temperatures have dropped into the 70s at night, I am seeing 2 miles/hr charge. I am still waiting for the Lucid Home Charging System to be made available to Lucid owners to eliminate this charging issue.

Unfortunately there are many of us who will not see nigh time temperatures in the 70’s until November!

I have actually experienced 0 miles/hr especially when the temperatures are in the high 90's with the car is parked in the hot garage (over 85 degrees F) and the car fans running non-stop. When this happens, I unplug the car and drive it to an Electrify America charging station and get an 80% charge. When the temperatures have dropped into the 70s at night, I am seeing 2 miles/hr charge. I am still waiting for the Lucid Home Charging System to be made available to Lucid owners to eliminate this charging issue.
That was what I’ve been doing for 3 months of ownership until I got Wallbox charger. I honestly would like Lucid bi-directional charger instead. But I honestly don’t have faith of Lucid can roll that charger out in 2022 Q4. I will still get that Lucid home charger however.

Any standard third-party 240V home charging adapter (EVSE) will eliminate the problem. Fine units are made by Chargepoint, Clipper Creek, etc.

Any standard third-party 240V home charging adapter (EVSE) will eliminate the problem. Fine units are made by Chargepoint, Clipper Creek, etc.
Thanks for the information. I waiting for the Lucid Bi-directional charging system, so I don't have to get a back up generator or solar panels for back up power.

Thanks for the information. I waiting for the Lucid Bi-directional charging system, so I don't have to get a back up generator or solar panels for back up power.
Folks need to really look past the Ford F-150 commercials and calculate just how much and how long a EV will run their house. It’s a lot of smoke and mirrors. Last Hurricane here we went without electricity for 12 days. A fully charged Lucid Air GT would run my house for 3 hours. If you want to camp out with no AC or heat or a water well just fine but to be practical a generator is the only way to go.

My generator that runs the house, 2 barns and water well with transfer switch cost me 24k. It would be crazy on my part to use a 139k car to run the same set up for 3 hours. Your mileage may vary….

My generator that runs the house, 2 barns and water well with transfer switch cost me 24k. It would be crazy on my part to use a 139k car to run the same set up for 3 hours. Your mileage may vary….
Also, once you’ve drained your battery running your refrigerator, you better hope the food in it doesn’t perish- bc you won’t be able to drive the dead car to the grocery store to get more.

I agree with you , my home generator will power my house and charge my Air.

Back